“My Favortie B & B”
Review of Saltwood House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Saltwood House
Ranked #20 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
newjersey
“My Favortie B & B”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I am a devoted guest of this beautiful home. I return year after year always reserving my room in advance. Don has always been a most gracious host, the house is beautifully decorated and not overdone in that heavy "Victorian". The rooms are immaculate and spacious and filled with light. And what can I say about the breaksfast; I never want to leave the table. The location is on the most historic street in Cape May, just steps away from the Washington Mall and the beautiful Atlantic. I enjoy my visit each year and can't wait to sit on the Saltwood's porch and watch the comings and goings on the lovely street and also to enjoy Don's hospitality! It is always been a weekend to look forward to!

Room Tip: The Cape Island suite on the top floor is my favorite. Lots of room with a view of the Ocean.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank neensmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have been staying at the Saltwood House for many years but have never written a review. I was selfish because I didn't want to share how wonderful my experiences have been. The house is immaculate and beautifully decorated. The location is perfect with on-site parking, and breakfasts are outstanding. Best of all, Don, the Innkeeper, and Erik are truly amazing hosts. After all the years I've stayed at the Saltwood House, I consider them to be my friends. I highly recommend the Saltwood House. Make a reservation, you won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Stayed at theSaltwood House at the end of Aug.It was an amazing stay The B and B itself was charming as well as spotless. It was a great location-very close to everything.Don was a gracious host and innkeeper,providing a beautiful and comfortable place to stay, an amazing breakfast and advice and suggestions about Cape May. Cannot wait to return!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We've twice made unexpected trips to Cape May (we're not terribly good at pre-planning) and twice have been lucky enough to have a terrific stay at the Saltwood House. Don is a wonderful host with great advice on the area and a house that is beautiful, warm and welcoming. We've stayed both times in the top floor suite and have truly enjoyed ourselves. Only a half block to the beach in one direction, and about a block in the other direction to the shopping and restaurant section of Cape May. But sitting on the Saltwood front porch in one of the rockers and sipping a glass of wine, you feel totally removed from any vacation crowds. Great breakfast, wonderful rooms, and terrific beach chairs and beach towels. We really appreciated being able to leave our car for the afternoon in the house driveway after we checked out. It gave us that extra half day on the beach, and then the use of Saltwood's backyard shower and changing room left us ready to head off feeling clean and refreshed. Thanks to Don and Eric for two wonderful stays.

Room Tip: Top floor suite with both a queen and king bedroom, plus a terrific living room, is wonderful for 2...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Sewell, NJ
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Just read my first review back in 2007 and it is as clean and pleasant today as it was then. And that is why we keep coming back. It just feels good.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple