1,150 results
All reviews doug and anna marie afternoon tea crown jewel bed and breakfast prince of wales stocked pantry my husband and i beach chairs turn down service other guests the entire staff owners and staff whirlpool tub washington street mall bottled water main building gracious hosts
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Having never been to Cape May my wife and I decided to go for our anniversary. We are history buffs and love to visit areas that are true to a period. We picked the Queen Victoria B&B purely on reviews and by calling and speaking to the attendant. We could not be happier with our choice. The Queen is actually made up of 4 separate buildings. We stayed in the Queens Cottage, Osbourne Suite. We loved it. It is a meticulously restored Victorian Style home as is 90% of the homes and B&B's in town. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was large and a comfortable fit, and the fireplace kept us toasty. And clean is an understatment. Anna Marie and Doug, the inkeepers, are friendly, funny and very knowledgeable. Breakfast and afternoon tea were just sensational. The location of the Queen is great. You are two blocks from everything, Washington St. mall, the beach, restraunts, stores, everything. But the star here is the B&B itself. We would love to live in this house full time, with Anna Marie and Doug taking care of everything of course. My wife and I will definatly visit the Queen Victoria again and again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Thanks so much for this wonderful review. I'm thrilled that your first visit with us to celebrate your anniversary was such a good one for you. We're looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I visited around Halloween. I have never been to Cape May before, and I wanted to make sure I had a nice place to stay. I wanted to make the most out of my trip and found out about this wonderful b&b. I am in my 20s, and wanted an escape from typical life. The Queen Victoria took me to a simpler time, and what a wonderful way to approach life. Strange that a few nights here changed me as a person. I think I learned to take life slower, enjoy the moment, treat myself well, and appreciate nature.
The area is great for walking, and bikes are offered to guests, as well as beach towels. Perfect walking distance to anything. Gardens are immaculate. I also loved all of the decorations around the houses. Also, there are really nice books in the rooms to read! The people who work and stay here were always very friendly, cheerful and warm. The people, decor, service and many other things here make it totally worth it. There is something for everyone here, and I agree with many other of the positive reviews on here. Side note, Halloween here is fun!

Room Tip: Fireplace rooms are the best! Try the swing chair on the porch. Sit by a window in one of the living rooms with a book. 🙂
Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

What an amazing review. Cape May is a very special place, and we certainly feel that The Queen Victoria is particularly special place. Life is so hectic for most people, so stepping "back in time" in Cape May, living at a slower pace for a few days in our serene setting is particularly appealing. I hope that we'll have the pleasure of your company again one day in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Location, Location, Location!!! The service from the staff to the breakfast/snacks and cleanliness of the room was a 5-star rate. We were greeted with a cheese and fruit tray in our room with suggestions/places to attend. The staff was very attentive to all our needs. Definitely coming back to this B & B.

Room Tip: Booked the room with a Winter Rate; great deal!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjudge32

Thanks so much for this review. I'm glad that your first stay at The Queen Victoria was so enjoyable. We'd love to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This was our first time in a B&B and it will not be our last. Doug and Anna Marie were wonderful hosts. The Crown Jewel was a fabulous suite!! We felt spoiled from the moment we arrived. The food, the suite and the location were perfect. This will be our new Anniversary tradition, a long weekend at The Queen Victor!!
Thank you all for making our stay so special.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

We're thrilled to be your first! I'm glad that you enjoyed yourselves so much. Thanks so much for choosing The Queen Victoria for your anniversary celebration. We're honored that we could be a small part of it. We're looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This is our third time staying at the Queen Victoria and somehow, each trip has been better than the previous one.

We walked into our guest room to find a gift from the hosts for our anniversary with a hand written note. It was incredibly thoughtful and made me feel like I was a guest in someone's home. However, the details make you feel like you're staying at a highclass hotel. The entire property is immaculatly clean and everything is customized. Nothing is ordinary. The bath soap, shampoo, bath salts, and lotion are all unique and smell amazing. There is a pantry stocked 24/7 with coffee, tea, soda, and delicious cookies or bars.

Each morning my husband and I eagerly get out of bed to enjoy breakfast. We love that they serve breakfast until 10am so we can sleep in and take our time. I have never tried anything I didn't like. My husband loved the food so much, we bought the cookbook after our first trip. (Although, it never tastes quite as good as when you are here and their cook makes it for you).

The attention to detail throughout your stay is very apparent. The minute you check in you are handed a list of local restaurants with details about it, hours, and phone numbers of each one. The staff is very attentive to your needs and will do whatever they can to make your stay the best possible experience. Although check out is at 11am, they allow you to use the Inn's amenities for the entire day. On a Sunday morning we like to check out, go to lunch, and then come back and use their bikes to ride around town and return just in time for their delicious afternoon tea with a sweet and savory treat.

I highly recommend staying at the Queen Victoria. It is worth every dollar to be treated like royalty.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thanks! Both my Anna Maria and I really enjoyed seeing you again for your 1 year anniversary. I particularly enjoyed our chat at afternoon tea the other day. We truly appreciate your continued patronage of The Queen Victoria! I love your comment about being treated like Royalty. You guys deserve it.