All reviews congress hall blue pig carriage house across the street second floor my husband and i beach service main building living area christmas lights view of the ocean brown room shower head queen bed mid week rocking chairs shops and restaurants
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had to travel to this area for his dad's funeral. After grabbing this five star hotel at the rate we did, we decided to make tee best of it. The room was small, but it was okay for two people. Not many places to done bc of the time of year. Would definitely return.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Stayed her for a wedding in Cape May. We loved our suite and our rocking chairs on the front porch. Lovely suite. I've stayed at Congress Hall and the Beach Shack before and I will definitely be back to the Star again. It is close to everything and you can see the ocean from some of the rooms. It was everything I hoped it would be! Can't wait to book my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We love Cape Resort properties and go often for long weekends or even overnights. This was our first stay at the Star and it was everything we expected. We booked a value deal (under $100. a night) and yet it was a top shelf experience. Our room was direct, unobstructed ocean view and was a mix of modern amenities and antique charm. It was efficient but very comfortable. We parked our car on property and we never required it the entire visit. We don't dwell in our room while in Cape May. We enjoyed all the amenities of Congress Hall right across the street, we were close walking distance of the Washington Street Mall, on the beach block, smack dab in the middle of the Historic District! The Star is in my opinion quintessential Cape May. Historic flavor, updated with a wonderful staff. If you were not impressed with the staff then you may have been one of those people that people stay away from, even so I believe the staff would continue to greet you and win you over. Even the groundskeepers and maintenance staff warmly greet you each day and I mean that in the sense that they are constantly busy keeping the properties beautiful and their job is not specifically dealing with guests.

Room Tip: Room 2 has ocean view South & East facing windows. In Cape May all properties are close a view is a wonderful amenity.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at The Star Inn across from Congress Hall September 13-17 in the carriage house first floor with my husband and took my mother along with us.
The carriage house has 2 levels and I stayed on the first. I checked in at congress hall due to it being out of season and had a parking spot on location at The Star Inn which was great due to not many places having on site parking.
The location of the building is perfect. Just a block from the beach and from the shops.
The Carriage House had its own private balcony that had a swing and 2 rocking chairs. Living room with couch that pulled out to a bed, and TV with DVD player. Kitchen with oven/stove, microwave, coffee pot and full fridge/freezer with pots and pans, and drinking glasses. Also a table to eat at, and a closet w a washer and dryer for laundry.
The first bedroom my husband and I took. It had a queen bed with a TV and DVD player, an attached bathroom with standing shower. The second bedroom was for my mother. That was on the other side. That one had a queen bed, closet and door out to The balcony. NO TV, but she didn't mind bc she watched the living room TV.
The bathroom for that room was next to it with a shower/tub.
All rooms were very decent sized, very clean and staff was very friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Staying here for our anniversary and I must say I am very disappointed. The hotel room is old and the view from our room was the parking lot. We sat outside to stare at an old van. There was not even a coffee machine in the room. We paid over 500 a night totaling over 1,000 dollars for two nights which is ludicrous for this old fashioned room. There was no parking so we had to park across the street and carry our luggage all the way to the hotel while congress hall guests had valet service and bell hops. The bathroom was old and a little dirty with soap scum residue left from previous guests. The shades were jagged down the side and dirty as was the light switches. Very over priced. Never saw one person who worked here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family