“Timeless source of happy memories”
Review of Hot Dog Johnny's

Hot Dog Johnny's
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Buttzville
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

The first time I remember being at Hot Dog Johnny's I was about 4 or 5 years old. I went fishing in the little brook and caught my first sunny. I threw it back of course. Then we ate hot dogs and went on the swings. I have been delighted to come back as often as possible ever since. I turned 70 last month. I still love Hot Dog Johnny's. So does my entire extended family. This place is sacred to us. We have shipped these hot dogs to friends and family. They always hit the spot. Change nothing.Upgrade nothing. I want to see the same sign,the same building,the same crowded parking lot full of Harleys and even the same warm, cozy bathrooms. The yellow jackets are annoying but we have them in our own backyards.They are part of the tradition.LONG LIVE HOT DOG JOHNNY'S.

1  Thank Betsy N

Reviewed 13 March 2018

it has been a few years since the last visit, so while in the area, thought it would be great to visit again.....nothing has changed.....birch beer is fantastic, fries the same , and the dogs are also the same.....it is the way they make them or something....but they are just so so.....I have never been able to figure out what the attraction is......cold winter day...dining area very small....so It was easier to eat in your car....

2  Thank baron13
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

No idea what all the hype is about. Remember nj.com picking this spot a while back as one of the top spots to visit. While up in the area I drove by and found this place accidently. So I decided to pull in and try it out. Ordered 2 dogs with the works, fries and a birch beer.
The birch beer was awesome. Not sure which brand they use but was one of the best I’ve had.
Fries were ok. Crispy and golden. Kinda hard to mess up French fries.
The hot dogs, eh, didn’t taste right and actually had a weird smell to them. Similar to a wet dishrag. And no it wasn’t the kraut giving off the smell either. Pickles weren’t crunchy either. Rolls were, in my opinion, low budget.
Though I was the only diner to eat inside, during my meal 3 additional diners ordered their dogs to go.
Parking lot is pretty big.
Would I recommend? Only so others will see my review is spot on.
Would I visit again? Sadly, no. No I wouldn’t.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

First introduced to Hot Dog Johnny’s over 50 years ago. Stopped recently and have to say was as remembered. Tables outside and years ago they used to have lollipops for sale at the takeout windows and remember bags of chips. They also had colored lights outside and you would think the hot dogs were green! It was a great memory and hot dogs were great!,,

1  Thank NYMom927
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We've lived in the area for over 30 years. Passing by, we were always going somewhere else. Today was a dreary Feb and after visiting a few places, stopped here. In nice weather, it's packed. So by 2pm the place was pretty empty. They only sell hot dogs and fries, no sauerkraut. That's it folkes. Want fries with that ? Then you have their entire menu. The small dining area floor could use a mopping. They keep the tables clean, 5 of them will hold 6 people and two are for couples. So this may be a car eating place. O. K. dogs, good fries, great Birch Beer. A few snacks avail. Tiny bathrooms. Cash only.

1  Thank Michael B

Been to Hot Dog Johnny's? Share your experiences!