“Still amazes me”

Hot Dog Johnny's
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Buttzville
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 13 March 2018

it has been a few years since the last visit, so while in the area, thought it would be great to visit again.....nothing has changed.....birch beer is fantastic, fries the same , and the dogs are also the same.....it is the way they make them or something....but they are just so so.....I have never been able to figure out what the attraction is......cold winter day...dining area very small....so It was easier to eat in your car....

3  Thank baron13

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Amazing hot dogs and fries. Always crowded all year but worth the wait. Some inside seating and outside tables. Swings for the kids. Make sure you order hot dog with the works (mustard and pickle spear. Order double what you think - they are that good.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Visited Johnny's Hot Dog stand yesterday, nice setting alongside the river. However, I must state there was nothing special about their hot dogs. Had two dogs and birch beer, could not tell any difference between these hot dogs and any other countless hot dog stands I have eaten at. Would recommend adding to the menu something that differentiates you from the others.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

No idea what all the hype is about. Remember nj.com picking this spot a while back as one of the top spots to visit. While up in the area I drove by and found this place accidently. So I decided to pull in and try it out. Ordered 2 dogs with the works, fries and a birch beer.
The birch beer was awesome. Not sure which brand they use but was one of the best I’ve had.
Fries were ok. Crispy and golden. Kinda hard to mess up French fries.
The hot dogs, eh, didn’t taste right and actually had a weird smell to them. Similar to a wet dishrag. And no it wasn’t the kraut giving off the smell either. Pickles weren’t crunchy either. Rolls were, in my opinion, low budget.
Though I was the only diner to eat inside, during my meal 3 additional diners ordered their dogs to go.
Parking lot is pretty big.
Would I recommend? Only so others will see my review is spot on.
Would I visit again? Sadly, no. No I wouldn’t.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

First introduced to Hot Dog Johnny’s over 50 years ago. Stopped recently and have to say was as remembered. Tables outside and years ago they used to have lollipops for sale at the takeout windows and remember bags of chips. They also had colored lights outside and you would think the hot dogs were green! It was a great memory and hot dogs were great!,,

1  Thank NYMom927

Been to Hot Dog Johnny's? Share your experiences!