“Finally stopped here.”

Hot Dog Johnny's
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Buttzville
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We've lived in the area for over 30 years. Passing by, we were always going somewhere else. Today was a dreary Feb and after visiting a few places, stopped here. In nice weather, it's packed. So by 2pm the place was pretty empty. They only sell hot dogs and fries, no sauerkraut. That's it folkes. Want fries with that ? Then you have their entire menu. The small dining area floor could use a mopping. They keep the tables clean, 5 of them will hold 6 people and two are for couples. So this may be a car eating place. O. K. dogs, good fries, great Birch Beer. A few snacks avail. Tiny bathrooms. Cash only.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed 15 February 2018

It's only about 20-25 minutes from Stroudsburg, and easy to get to, so when you get that call from your stomach to get a hot dog, you go. I had an early afternoon flight out of Trenton, and stopping for an early lunch was a simple plan. So it was only 10:00. Who cares? They were open, and the hot dogs and fries were as good as always. Two hot dogs, fries, and a frozen mug of birch beer was inexpensive and saved me from an expensive airport meal that would not have been as pleasant.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Got in just under the wire before they close for vacation. Hot dogs, fries and birch beer. Lunch of traveling champions!

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank Cyn H
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I have heard much about this place for my entire life and have been trying to get here to see what all the hubbub was about but every time I tried to get here, something came up to throw a wrench in the works. Today, I finally made it. A friend and I had business in the area and made it our goal to stop here for lunch and we are so glad we did. The hot dogs were wonderful as were the fries and root beer. I will be sure to not wait a lifetime to go back.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Kudu40
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I have traveled from New Jersey to New York, New York to New Jersey many, many times. Hot Dog Johnny's is a great stop to make. Perhaps the day the other person visited was not a good day there, who knows, bad days happen. I highly recommend a stop, any time of year!!! They make a nice place to enjoy a hot dog and a cold drink.

Date of visit: May 2017