“Best ice cream on LBI”
Review of Skipper Dipper

Skipper Dipper
Price range: USD 0 - USD 10
Dining options: After-hours
Description: A Long Beach Island tradition since 1978, we serve a wide array of hard and soft ice cream, old fashioned shakes and sundaes and make our popular ice cream cakes fresh in the store daily.
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This place has the best ice cream on LBI. But, it does have a line because of this. Trust me when I say, that it is worth waiting in line!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

One of the only ice cream places still open into September and glad that they are. We would not have gone that far down had our normal spots been open but the ice cream was delicious. They have so many options for sundaes and flurries and shakes that it is hard to decide what you want. Everything was really good and while the lines were long, the staff came into line and took our orders while we were waiting. It is easy to see how they lasted 40 years!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We generally end up getting ice cream closer to Fantasy Island and haven't tried skipper dipper until this year and we were missing alot! Absolutely delicious ice cream!

I ordered a birthday cake for my daughter before leaving for vacation as she was celebrating her birthday while we were going to be on LBI. They were extremely accommodating on the phone and offered suggestions for the cake as well as helping me with combining flavors and fillings. They inquired how many people we would have and matched me with the perfect sized ice cream cake. Upon pick up, Kylie waited on me and the cake was decorated beautifully and ready when they promised it would be. They even threw in a package of candles which was fabulous because I had forgot to bring some!

The cake was incredible and everyone raved how scrumptious the ice cream was and we went back again later in the week for ice cream after dinner a few times.

We will be adding skipper dipper to our favorites and stopping in again next visit

Prices are about average for this area

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Skipper dipper has the best variety of ice cream. Death by chocolate and vanilla salted Caramel is two of the best ice cream I've ever tasted. The staff is very friendly and extremely organized.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The line was around the corner but they had servers coming out and taking orders to prepare as you got inside. The ice cream was amazing! Would definitely go back again!