“Nephew getting Married /rehearsal dinner ”

Piccolino Restorante
Ranked #13 of 152 Restaurants in Bayonne
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food & service was great. The penne pasta with vodka sauce. Omg!!!! Was so good!!!! One of the best chicken parmigiana I ever ate.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The lunch menu and prices are very good. For dinner, the food is very good, but the drinks are a bit pricey. Great place to have a party of 20-40 people in side room.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

This was a nice surprise restaurant in the heart of Bayonne, NJ. Fresh salads, reasonable wine list, lots of options on their extensive menu. Out of our party of 10, only 1 complaint about the food which was for the Chicken Parm which I did not sample. This food expert (my son) making the complaint has sampled Chicken Parm all over the world. I think he is a reliable source but no matter as there are lots of other options. I had the stuffed chicken. I would return to Bayonne just for that. It was outstanding! I sampled the veal marsala-also very good. The dessert menu was somewhat limited but solid choices with chocolate cake and creme brulee. Dessert has to be really special for me to have it. These desserts were 1 fork full and done. It is a large restaurant with a full bar. It was not crowded when we were there early on a Saturday evening.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I️ called on New Year’s Eve since it was my boyfriends birthday and asked if there was a waiting time since I️ was around the corner. Was told by a woman that answer the phone that there was no waiting time. Asked if they were table available and her reply was yes. We arrived within 5 minutes. We were told that the only table they had available was reserved, but that they were going to sit us down and we had an hour and a half to eat. It took 20 minutes fur the waiter to take our order. We were given a pre fixed menu. I️ was never was told this when I️ called. Portions were not that big. We had to leave right after we ate because there was a couple waiting for the table. I️ think the young lady that answer the phone should have told me this when I️ called.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

We went here for lunch on the Friday before Christmas. Restaurant was empty when we arrived at 12:15 but two hours later, it was packed.

Truly a work of art! Each dish was beautifully presented - a feast for the eyes!

Our party was three people and we ordered from the Prix Fixe Menu at the Bayonne Restaurant:

All of us ordered the House Salad - 5 stars, nice portion, absolutely delicious!

Two of us ordered:
Vitello Al Piacere (thin sliced veal scallopini) - one with Marsala sauce and one with
piccata sauce. My husband is Italian and he said that this was by far the best veal he ever ate. I agree. Generous portion and delicious.

Another person in our lunch group ordered Flounder Fiorentino with spinach. Once again delicious and a generous portion.

For dessert we all had coffee and the tiramisu. Generous portion; beautifully presented; moist and delicious.

Wonderful experience, friendly attentive waiter.

Highly recommend!!!! I also recommend that you make reservations since this seems to be a popular place.

NOTE: parking stinks in Bayonne. In December there is a free lot on Avenue E and metered parking ----so bring your quarters!!!!. I recommend that you pay for AT LEAST 2 hours of parking especially if you are having drinks with your meal