“Such a great place.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wolfeboro
Methuen, Massachusetts, United States
“Such a great place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I am always skeptical when booking a brand new place I have never been before. Always worried whether the pictures do it justice or the service and cleanliness will be reasonable. My Fiance and I stayed at The Wolfeboro Inn in Wolfeboro, NH along with our 2 month old daughter. It was truly great place to stay. It was beyond our expectations and completely satisfied our need of a peaceful pleasant weekend away. I recommend it to anyone looking for a perfect tiny New England town with the friendliest people, great food, and atmosphere. Totally 100% satisfied with our stay there, it was so great.
-Joe

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Joey R
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Joey R,

Thank you for your post regarding your recent experience with us. I am very pleased that your stay was everything you were hoping for and so much more! (We get that a lot so please help us spread the word!) We are thrilled that you enjoyed the Wolfe’s Tavern as well. When your daughter gets a little older, perhaps you might consider returning for Family Game night on Sunday nights. Children eat free from the kids menu with purchase of entrée. Wolfeboro is considered the jewel of Winnipesaukee and I am not surprised you found our beautiful little lakeside town full of happy, friendly people.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to the staff. I know they will be very pleased to hear it. We look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

PS. How cute is that baby!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Newburyport, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband decided to surprise me with a Saturday night before Valentine's Day here. Before we arrived I found a coupon on the trip advisor site, thank you very much!! When I called to see if the coupon we found applied, I was cheerfully told that it did in fact apply.
We arrived later in the afternoon, after check in time...the front desk person was most friendly and cheerful!! She gave us the keys to our newly upgraded suite and we then went up to the second floor. We both were plesantly surprised with both the size of the room as well as the furnishings!! I was also impressed with the toiletries, they were very generous in size, and even included a lip gloss!!
We ate Saturday night at the Tavern, the service was excellent as was the food!!
We will be coming back here again soon!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tracy B
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Dear Tracy B,

Thank you for your post regarding your recent experience with us. I am very pleased that your stay was everything you had hoped and more! As a member of the HayCreek Hotels family, one of our core values is to "Delight & Surprise" our guests whenever possible. The ability to apply the coupon you located adding to your experience presents such an opportunty for us. We take great pleasure in seeing the results if this work and appreciate your taking the time to say so.

Marblehead, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

My wife and I have been to Wolfeboro every season except winter so last weekend we stayed at the Inn for 2 nights. The staff and food are really good. The rooms are average and, depending in which room you choose, can be noisy if there is a band in the Tavern. We were on the second floor overlooking the Tavern and when the band fired up you could feel the vibrations and hear muffled music. Soooo, I would recommend staying on the 3rd floor or don't do during the weekend. The other item is that the bathroom and therefore the tub were undersized.

Room Tip: see review
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jumbo F
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear Jumbo F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. The Wolfeboro Inn is comprised of two buildings. The original built in 1812 and an extention added in 1987. We are celebrating our 200th anniversary (kick-off this April) and invite all readers Trip Advisor to check out upcoming events to be announed soon. You stayed in our historic section. When we have bands they play in the lounge off of the Tavern, not directly below the second floor rooms though I agree on occassion and especially for light sleepers there can be muffled noise. Based on your comments, I will meet with my food & beverage director and do our very best to find an appropriate balance. Thank you.

All in all I am delighted that your stay with us was a very good one. We appreciate your patronage and we do look forward to seeing you again in the not so distant future.

Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Traveled to Wolfeboro on business and I can say what a surprise! I never knew of Wolfeboro before my trip. The Wolfeboro Inn has a very comfortable and charming atmosphere. They have a wonderful restaurant within in the Inn with great food. The fireplaces were a nice touch as well. The hospitality is great and they serve you fresh cookies to your room upon arrival. They also have a private beach where they do boat rides around the lake. The locals say its way better in the summer. I am making plans to come back to Wolfeboro in the summer for a romantic getaway. I can't wait!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Charity A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We are pleased that you have discovered Wolfeboro - the Jewel of Winnipesaukee - and that we played a part in making your visit a memorable one here. We are honored to truly be considered your home away from home. This is a comment that we are honored with from time to time and covet. We are blessed with dedicated, true hospitality professionals who enjoy the challenge of delivering excpetional service. We look forward to seeing you again - soon!

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Beautiful suite looking out over Lake Winnepasaukee. Even in the winter with no snow it was idyllic. A VERY short walk in to town. The restaurant is in the building so no need to go outside in the cold (just stayed there - Jan 2-Jan 9, 2012). Fireplaces in the restaurant add to the cozy atmosphere. Staff was very accommodating, room service made the trip complete. Returning there again in May. Looking forward to it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura H
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear Laura H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I passed your kind comments on to the staff; I know they will be very pleased. I agree - winter in Wolfeboro is a magical time. And we now we have snow that is gently covering the landscape and blanketed the Belknap mountain range in spectacular fashion. Lake Winnipesaukee indeed is every bit as awe-inspiring as its other seasons. We look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfeboro
23.8 km away
2.1 km away
The Windrifter Resort
The Windrifter Resort
#6 of 6 in Wolfeboro

Been to The Wolfeboro Inn? Share your experiences!