“Not terrible. Not great.”
Review of Lazy E Motor Inn

Lazy E Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Weirs Beach
AUSTIN, TX
“Not terrible. Not great.”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I'm kind of surprised by all the fabulous ratings. The room reminded me of what would be at a summer camp in 1985. Very dated and on the small side. It was comfortable enough, and maybe it's all relative, but I just don't see the super-duper qualities of this place like others did. The people were very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JESSICALANE24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I took my son on a long weekend to visit Funspot (the world's largest arcade) to celebrate the end of the school year. We booked a cabin at the Lazy E based on the reviews here and were very pleased with our choice. We stayed in Cabin 1 and found it comfortable. It was only my son and I staying so the room was fine. I think 4 people would be OK--but a family of 5 might be tight.

Everything was in good working order: A/C, Microwave, Fridge. The shower was excellent--powerful. Although we didn't use many of the "extras" we walked around the facilty and saw the grills, smoker, paddleboat and the fun outdoor bar area set up on the property. The owners shared coupons for area restaurants and advice about the Lakes region. When we emailed prior to our visit, they also were very helpful with providing information about room details.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jason S
Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2011

The Lazy E is the "Hidden Jewel" as the Phantom would say. I cannot say enough about this place. If you are the ocean lover and don't like lakes, go to Hampton Beach. If you like cottages and lakes, do give Lazy E a try, You are not overrun by tourists, screaming kids or partying teenagers. Yes, everyone has a good time but it does not get out of hand.When I was growing up,every summer I went to a nearby lake in NH. I stayed at various places in the Weirs Beach area. Once I found the Lazy E I knew I was making more great memories with my family. I have a standing reservation every year and can't wait to get there. People we have referred to the Lazy E love it also. They is something for everyone. Tots to the Old folks.

One of the best things is the hospitality from Les and Linda and all of the staff. They make it great and go out of their way to make sure you have a great time.

Room Tip: Best Sunsets!!!!
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JEF410
Batavia, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2011

My boyfriend stayed here in May 2010. His experience was so good that he brought me back here. His review last year required him to log in to FACEBOOK. I had just set up a FACEBOOK account for myself. He found me again after 30 years! To celebrate his retirement and my semi-retirement we couldn't pick a nicer place than the Lazy E in Weirs Beach. Great central location for visits to other New England areas. Loved the evenings especially after a day of travel. SO RELAXING!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Pa
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Most of all, the website for this place is very accurate. We stayed one night in a motel room~spotless, with fireplace. One night in cottage which we actually got a better deal on thanks to a deal they offer with shopping at the local Harley Davidson. They offer all sorts of deals & have other properties so check out the site. The man who runs this place works really hard & has created quite a cool set up with a firepit every night, outdoor bar area, fishing, swimming, etc. Very natural area, but they must stay on top of it cuz there were no creepie crawlies, either.There is also a hot tub & live web cam where we teased our family back home that we were on vacation. The cottages were spacious with better plumbing, bigger shower, etc. It could use a LITTLE updating, but it is really clean & would be a blast with a group, ice fishing, bike week, etc. Great central location, we drove north to Lincoln from there, did Castle in the Clouds, Wolfeboro, Mt. Washington cruise, Weirs Beach, Funspot, etc. Beachfront on Lake Winnipesaukee. Beautiful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1.8 km away
Grand View Motel and Cottages
Grand View Motel and Cottages
#2 of 5 in Weirs Beach

Been to Lazy E Motor Inn? Share your experiences!