“Very pleasant rustic hotel - great for skiing”
Review of Snowy Owl Inn

Snowy Owl Inn
Reviewed 7 October 2015

The Snowy Owl Inn is a great place to stay at in the mountains of New Hampshire. The people are pleasant but nobody really seems to know what is going on. We booked our stay for 5 people and really only had 4 people show up and were charged "double" the booking price (even though we booked 5 people). We were already paying more than everybody in our party. I have never ever had a hotel or Inn randomly charge more money after booking. We were cheated and you should get an absolute price from them before booking. They will overcharge you! You will have to dispute it with your credit card company. This is not a good way to start a vacation!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 October 2015

The property is old but an enchanting place. It could use some rehab but is magical in it way. Reminds me of then movie White Christmas. The area is beautiful, running brook in the back. The owner tried very hard. Had wine and the best cheese waiting for us as a reception upon our arrival. Very quiet at night and wonderful breakfast. Great French toast. Loved it.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2015

I was willing to pay a higher price based on the description of the hotel that I read. I sure wish I had taken a second and read the reviews. We stayed in a very roomy double/double with a two person tub. Walked in and the room smelled like urine and I found out later on it was because the toilet was clogged. Once that was fixed the smell was gone. The tub was very deep but not as long as I would have expected for two people. The sheets were put on wrong side out, petty maybe but at 160.00 a night you really would expect attention to detail.. there was a long hair on my sheets and one of my pillows was stained yellow. There was water damage around the wet bar/fridge. The frozen section in the fridge was caked with frost and ice. The wi-fi kept going down. The bathroom was the newest part of the whole room, however it was odd that the control for the jets of the tub were over by the door into the bathroom, no where close to the tub. You could hear every single word from the room above. The best thing was the front desk clerk, Rae.. she was kind and had a wonderful smile.. I have asked for a refund of 20% of my room and they have denied the request. I would not recommend for the price that I paid. If you want an overpriced outdated Inn, be sure to pick this one. I wasted my money on this stay

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Tacsrep
Reviewed 21 September 2015

This was the closest location that we could find during the weekend of the NH Highland Games. It was clean enough but BADLY needs updating. It is definitely a "Ski Lodge" but the decor is from the 80's!!!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed here while we attended the NH Highlander Games in Lincoln, NH. There wasn't much around. There was a few places to eat in the building next door, not very good food, and only open 4-9PM since it was off season. The hotel is very dated and the wifi only worked if you went out to the floors open area. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Woodwards Resort & Inn
#14 of 20 in Lincoln
15.5 km away
The Village Of Loon Mountain

Been to Snowy Owl Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Snowy Owl Inn

Address: 41 Village Road, Waterville Valley, NH 03215
Region: United States > New Hampshire > White Mountains > Waterville Valley
Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Waterville Valley
Price Range: $158 - $275 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Snowy Owl Inn 3*
Snowy Owl Inn is considered one of New England's finest country inns. Set in the heart of Waterville Valley and the White Mountain National Forest, our all-season 82 room inn offers a relaxing vacation, a great family getaway. It's also the perfect place for business meetings, seminars, conferences, reunions, weddings and celebrations. In the winter enjoy alpine and cross country skiing along with snowshoeing, tubing and even sleigh rides! In the summer we are just as busy with paddleboats, beach on Corcorans Pond, hiking, golf, tennis and even a chairlift ride up Snow's Mountain. Be as busy as you want to be. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Snowy Owl Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Snowy Owl Hotel Waterville Valley