“Decent breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

The place was really busy when we got there but they seated us fairly quickly. We decided to have breakfast even though the whole menu was available. The food was good and the portions were excellent. Price was reasonable. I would eat here again if we ever happened to be in the area. It looks like it’s been there a while.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

In town passing through and asked where to grab a bite. Two people at the gas station said "Tilt'n Diner".

The old school signs you see as you pull in are from a bygone era but very very cool. When you see the the diner it's literally a diner building that was built in New Jersey in the 50s. This particular diner found its way from New Jersey to Massachusetts until it sat idle. Then, one day, the current owner, Alex, saw it and bought it and transported it to its current location where it has been since. A few additions have made it a bit larger than the original footprint but the space was needed. This joint is very popular.

Upon walking into the diner people greet you with a smile. There's old school signs, Coca Cola machines, and a hustle of waitresses serving up customers. By the way, place was packed out.

I ordered the famous onion rings and chicken tenders. Both delicious. Then I had to try to shepherds pie. Also delicious. If anything I'd say a tad bit too much salt in the shep pie but I don't like a lot of salt on anything.

Nicole was our waitress. She's been there 9 yrs and says she loves it. She told us all about the history, the people and especially the story behind the ceiling mirrors. I won't tell as you'll have to find out for yourself. Ok, so like dinner wasn't enough. Had to try the ice cream Sunday. The owner has 17 diners scattered around the state and makes his own ice cream. I'd never heard of it before but wow.. really good.

Prices are really fair which helps people coming back but the food and the staff is a huge part of the big picture. I'm going back for sure so I'd recommend this as a must try food stop.

Say hi to Nicole

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We had breakfast here - massive choice on the menu from fry ups to bagels. Traditional Diner decor 1960's feel. Very friendly atmosphere and vibe. We loved that this was different from the usual chains and everything was cooked fresh, and served with a smile. Really set us up for the day and we left very happy!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Went here 3 times while in Tilton for for electricity restoration in New Hampshire. What a great spot. Albums and old prints to browse through at the entrance.
Look up, is that a cool guitar on the ceiling? Yup. And 10 commandments of proper dining around on walls.

I had the “power wrap” each time for breakfast-wrap with egg whites, avocado, cheese. Excellently prepared even with a packed house of electric worker crews.

Definitely stop here for some good eats.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I had the shepherd's pie which was excellent. Great bread pudding. Service was great, atmosphere great. Would definitely eat here again.

Been to Tilt'n Diner? Share your experiences!