“A Pleasant Lunch”

Onions Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Tilton
Price range: USD 7 - USD 21
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017

This was my first visit and I was pleasantly surprised. They had Guinness on tap and the fries that come with your burger/sandwich are exceptional. I ordered the Reuben and my only concern was I couldn't really taste the Swiss Cheese. There was a good amount of corned beef but just a thicker piece or maybe two pieces of cheese would have made all the difference. My companion had the burger and really enjoyed it. Sarah was an excellent waitress and the main dining room was comfortable. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Nice homey atmosphere and menu. The French Onion Soup was terrific. The meals were also right on! The waitress was overworked, but very good. We had a real nice night here and real nice meals...

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We decided to stop into Onions after passing it several times. Parking is poor, but we were determined this time and so after hours were able to park in the doctor's office down the road and walk up. The other couple we were with preferred to sit in the pub, although the dining room looked nice to me. The tables and chairs in the pub are a bit outdated and as we started eating the pub filled up with standing people. Next time we will choose the dining room to avoid the high volume and the bums rubbing against our table. The food was excellent, presentation nice. Any time I can choose risotto as a side dish I am elated. There was a long wait for the food but there was a wedding rehearsal dinner that night and so I chock this off to the kitchen being overextended. Our drinks were a bit weak so instead of a second round we all chose water. That's when things got funny. The water.... it was awful. Now we have bad water at our house, use filters and still it's not great but we gulp it down. So we are seasoned distasteful water drinkers. This water topped the heap of very very very awful tasting water. It was like a bit of rot and a sprinkle of mold - maybe tannins? We kept trying to take sips and each time our faces would screw up comically. We aren't sure if they have a well and something has infiltrated it. Or if it's city water and everyone is just (?!) used to it. Or if someone slipped something bizarre into the pitchers. But regardless they should really consider serving from jugs of bottled water. The expense is so minimal compared to leaving a bad taste in your diners' mouths.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The Onions Pub and Restaurant was recommended to us by the innkeepers at the nearby Lake House at Ferry Point. We opted for the restaurant, which was nothing to write home about as far as decor, but the food was outstanding. My husband had the flounder stuffed with crab and I the seared scallops, both of which were beautifully prepared and presented. Glancing in at the pub, I thought that the ambiance there might have been more relaxed, and it appears that you can order off the entire menu, regardless of whether you're in the pub or the restaurant. In any case, the food was delicious and we left well-satisfied.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We started off in the bar where both staff and customers were very hospitable.Liked it so much we returned for dinner, a sensible choice, the food (portion size, quality and value for money) was excellent. Owner and wife both working and again a very hospitable couple.