All reviews golf course white mountains new owners english sheep dog old english every guest english couple tug of war new hampshire owners and staff cornbread my husband played golf quiche views are fantastic guests feel welcome views of the mountains full bar
Reviewed 12 October 2018

We spent two days at this location during the 2nd week of October 2018. The location is exceptionally beautiful, quiet and yet easily accessible to nearby outdoor activities. The owners Dick and Sally are very friendly and work really hard to make the customers feel at home. Room was charming and very comfortable. Excellent breakfast was included.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

We had a lovely, quiet room with sunset views of the golf course across the way. The inn is located in a beautiful spot with gorgeous mountain scenery and the colors of the foliage reminded one of a Wolf Kahn painting. The inn keepers were extremely kind, welcoming, and helpful. We had a wonderful stay (and will never forget the sheepdog that was tall enough to park his bottom on the bench in front of the reception desk).
P.S.- Plentiful and luxurious thick towels.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

The Inn at Sunset hill sits in a glorious position and has unrivaled views of the Green & White mountains. To sit in the pub, supping a decent pint whilst eating their beef shortribs (judging by their size they came from a bloody big cow!) cooked as tender and full of flavour as one could hope for and watching the sun set is as good as it gets in New Hampshire.

But the star of the show is Dudley a delightful long legged old English sheepdog, who is soft and gentle but can also handle a good tug of war! He is a sweet heart and is one of the best meeter greeters that I have met during my years of travels.

Dick and Sally who run the place are friendly and effusive hosts and plainly offer a very personal and hospitable style. Sue in the restaurant has a lovely smile and also was chatty and personal, and plainly works well with her chef. My partner had the salmon and roast vegetables which was delicious.

Our bedroom was very comfortable, wonderfully clean and also very quiet.....what more can one ask? Well we also had a small but very enjoyable jetted tub.

So when you stay do give Dudley a pat from me (he seemed pleased I was not a vegan).....and gently suggest to him that i will return for a rematch as he surely cannot keep those three balls in his mouth on every occasion can he?

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We were lucky enough to enjoy 5 nights at this lovely inn. The innkeepers Dick and Sally and their staff were wonderful and so helpful. They always had tips and suggestions of things to do, places to hike, beautiful waterfalls and scenery to see and were just always a pleasure to chat with. Their Old English Sheepdog Dudley was the sweetest and friendliest pup - we fell in love with him! There were 5 choices for breakfast every morning and each day it was delicious. The inn overall is charming and sweet. The location, setting and surroundings are some of the best in the White Mountains. It is very well maintained and clean - this is crucial to me as I am very picky with high cleanliness standards. We enjoyed chatting with other guests a few evenings in the cozy parlor by the fireplace or in the tavern. Now about the tavern and restaurant - the food here is fabulous! Every meal we had was amazing and the waitstaff were helpful and patient (I ask a lot of questions). I had clam chowder one night and it was the best I've ever had - MUCH better than any I had in Boston the following weekend. I hope we have the chance to visit again. I highly recommend the Inn at Sunset Hill!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

The owner was very rude.
The sink in the bathroom was only big enough to wash your hands in let alone to wash or have a shave.Did not get clean towels.in fact was left with no towels on the last day of our stay.The room was so hot.we asked for the heating to be put down from 76 deg at night and was told to open the windows.Ok if it wasn’t raining.
The hotel was told well in advance that we was vegan and said that was fine.For breakfast I was offered a banana.I asked if I could have something cooked for breakfast and was told that they was to busy.was given one slice of toast.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ann w
InnatSunsetHill, Owner at Inn at Sunset Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hello Ann,
We're so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but would like to take this opportunity to respond to some of your comments.
Firstly, we do have a sign in the room that states clean towels will be left if you place the towels you wish to be changed in the tub - this is in an attempt to conserve water and energy & is common practice in many hotels & inns. We do of course regret that towels were not left in your room on your last day, but have no doubt this was rectified as soon as it was brought to our attention. (Our housekeeping team are awesome, but even they may a mistake sometimes!)
We do take issue with being described as rude - and could argue that your behavior at checkout was rude when you threw your key at our front desk staff whilst making disparaging remarks about breakfast.
Your main source of frustration appeared to come from your restrictive diet, which we did try to accommodate. For the record, you were offered a choice of cereal with Soy Milk specially purchased for you, fruit, home made granola, oatmeal or toast. You advised us you did not like any of these and requested Vegan Pancakes. Unfortunately we did not have the ingredients to make these for you - we are in a rural location and its not easy to just run to the store and get these.
We do take note of all feedback, positive or negative & try to learn from any comments we receive.