See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

I almost don't want to write a review because I want to keep this place a hidden gem.

So...my friends, a couple from Boston, have been raving about this place for years. Another couple and I joined them for the long weekend finally and I'm SO thankful we did. Brookhirst has character, magic, class, and REALLY good food. The hosts Victoria and George make you feel like you're family -- in addition to taking care of all the details like warming the sauna or getting a fire started. In short, its amazing and can't wait to come again.

A few details that might be helpful to others:

-Theres a separate entrance to the guest house
-There's a mud room and then a tiny staircase to the second floor which has a master bedroom, 1 bath room, and a kid size bedroom.
-To the righthand side of the mud room, there is another decent size bedroom and attached bathroom.
-The downstairs bathroom has a separate entry through the living room and includes a mini fridge and a sauna!
-The living room! It's glorious with a fire, piano, sitting room, big dinner table and spectacular views.
-Hosts have 3 dogs. They are happy to let them play with guests and equally happy to keep them in a separate area.
-View of the Presidential Range in the Whites is outstanding. You can even see Tuckerman's Ravine.
-A little hard to find at first, but just follow their directions and plan to not have service the entire time.

Enjoy! We certainly did.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicole B
Victoria M, Owner at Brookhirst Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

(2nd to last line)..... hoping to have the "...plan to not have service the entire time" explained, as both cell & WiFi are strong here, not in most area places, but here at Brookhirst Farm B&B we consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have our elevation allow us a clear shot for both phone & WiFi. (We actually have cars stop on our road 'just to take advantage of this strong signal")~~we thought they were admiring the view, the house etc.....no just chatting...100 yards, on either side of our property, no signal. I think Cole must have been referring to "other places" however, I don't want guests reading this sentence section of the review & be misled.
Thanks You !!
Victoria & George Murphy (owner/operator)

Reviewed 22 July 2015

We just returned from staying at Brookhirst Farm Bed and Breakfast for four nights, and we loved it! This is a rare opportunity to stay in rural New Hampshire, and the views are incredible out any window! The spacious accommodation is very comfortable, and the breakfast is delicious! George and Victoria are so warm and welcoming, and they have led very interesting lives. I have enjoyed corresponding with Victoria for almost a year by email! Both George and Victoria are so flexible, allowing us to have friends visit and adjusting the breakfast and check out times. My husband made the comment that, if it should rain, why bother going to a museum? The art work and artifacts displayed are certainly worth the time to look at. Some of the paintings were done by George and Victoria's relatives, and there are several family heirlooms displayed that are quite unique and beautiful. The location is ideal for us, as it is near some of my favorite bicycle rides, the Stone Mountain Arts Center, and my brother's house!!!! My husband enjoyed swimming in the pond on the property as well as Crystal Lake in Eaton. It is so nice to have the option to swim in the lake! This was our sixth visit to the area and our favorite place to stay. I don't think I could ever find another accommodation that would be as perfect as this one. Thank you Victoria and George for a lovely vacation!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank skiergirlBuffalo
Reviewed 25 June 2015

The first time we went to Brookhirst farm was in Oktober 2014 to see the fall foliage in New Hampshire. If we wanted we could have stayed right on their property, they have the most amazing scenic view out of every window.
Victoria and George are very kind people who go out of their way to make your stay as good as can be. The breakfast served every day by George is very tastfull and everyday another dish comes to the table.
The guest house where you stay is basically a little house where there is plenty of room for 6 adults to stay. We stayed with a 3 month old baby boy and had the best vacation as a new family.
The second time we visited Brookhirst farm was in june 2015. By that time our baby boy was almost a year old. We fell in love all over again with the views but also with Victoria and George.
They are such nice people and if you love peace and quiet this is the place to be. We sure would love to go back again, hopefully next winter.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Mocz
Reviewed 24 February 2015

This place is amazing! George and Victoria are wonderful hosts and they went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. They've got 3 friendly dogs and live on the most beautiful property with stunning views of the White Mountains. We had a great time and enjoyed everything from the delicious breakfasts to the sauna!

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wooseok K
Reviewed 22 October 2014

We initially had some difficulty finding Brookhirst farm but this was because we had not followed Victoria's directions.
I had some uncertainty before our stay as I had read a review about sharing bathrooms. To clarify this B&B is more like a small house and whoever stays whether you be a two or a family the accommodation is yours to choose which bed you sleep in or which bathroom you use.
We really loved how welcoming and comforting it was and some of the best views we saw on our holiday were at Brookhirst Farm and Crystal Lake.
Victoria and George made us feel so welcome it was difficult to tear yourself away after breakfast.
We would highly recommend a stay here and if we were to return to the area this would be our first choice of accommodation.
Thank you Victoria and George for giving us some lovely memories to treasure.

Room tip: No need to choose before you arrive it is more a case of negotiating with your party who sleeps where.
Date of stay: October 2014