“Relaxing - Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Steele Hill Resorts
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sanbornton
Florida
“Relaxing - Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Had not heard of this place before but were familiar with the area (Tilton outlets) so purchased a Groupon to check it out for a one-night getaway. It was only a 90 minute drive for us and agree the access roads can be a bit rough getting up there. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and told they had upgraded us to a West Wing 2-bedroom townhouse. That sounded lovely but since there were only two of us, we really did not see the point but thanked them anyways. We only used the upstairs portion of the unit and that area was spacious. Fairly typical furnishings – nothing fancy but adequate. Fireplace was great. The view was awesome – overlooking the lake with the mountains in the background. The balcony was an added plus even if a little chilly still. We found our way to the pool, which we totally enjoyed – esp. the water slide. Lots of families with children there but did not feel over crowded. The sauna and Jacuzzi were also very relaxing. Checked out the exercise room, which appeared well equipped but did not have time to workout since staying only one night. For dinner, we drove to the restaurant down the hill, as it was a bit too far to walk esp. in cold weather. The view, service and food were all excellent!
Glad we were in the West wing since close to the main pool area and with a wonderful view. Top floor was also a plus not having to hear kids running up and down the corridors or being overhead. Not certain what the other areas were like but enjoyed where we were located. They definitely are in need of upgraded security systems for the doors - Key access is not safe. The outside doors did not close well unless pulled shut. Lots of stairs could be a concern for some but we were ok with them. We were only there the one night and did not check out everything but would definitely like to visit again – maybe in the fall.

Room Tip: West Wing seems to be the place to stay. Higher floors esp for Adults without children would be qui...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coco1231
Dcutillo, General Manager at Steele Hill Resorts, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Hearing from a new customer that had a positive experience with us is always a great feeling. Having the Tanger Outlets nearby is a great asset to the Resort and the Lakes Region. I am glad you enjoyed Steele Hill West. These rooms do have some killer views. I am happy to hear you had a chance to kick back and relax in the big pool area. I will pass on the positive review of your dining experience to our food and beverage manager.

Once again, it is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your time at Steele Hill and that you plan on returning in the future. We hope to see you up on the Hill Again soon.

Rob Robillard, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Inverness, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We found the West side to be the place to stay. The indoor pool is great with the water slide, very tropical layout. The food was great as well as the sauna and work out area. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: By all means stay on the West side, great views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dcutillo, General Manager at Steele Hill Resorts, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
The west pool area is the closest you’ll get to the tropics in New Hampshire. I think the plants we have around the pool help set the mood. I am glad you had a great stay with us. Sounds like you enjoyed many of our indoor amenities during your time with us. We are actually completely renovating the workout facilities in May. This means new flooring, all new equipment and TVs for each cardio station. It is going to be a great new addition to the resort. Hopefully you can get a chance to come back up and enjoy it in the coming months. We look forward to seeing you on the hill again soon.

Avon, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I booked a two day stay at this hotel for a getaway for with my husband and toddler. When I booked my trip I asked where the best room would be with a toddler, the girl told me West wing by the pool. She must not have a toddler because you have to walk up a staircase outside and then down a long hallway where my room had another spiral staircase to brt to the pool. Also, when we checked in I was given instructions to go in an entrance that was "easy" we entered the "not easy way" by he pool. We were met with Mayan temple like stairs we had to go up and Down with a carriage bags and baby. After climbing the stairs I asked the lady near the pool if we came in the right way, and she seemed oblivious to where are rooms were because she said yes. Once we were in our room after a hellish entrance to this place I called the front desk, there are no baby gates nd my son fell in he first 5 minutes of our stay. We went to the pool where we were told there would be a bar because we were so rattled we needed a drink. Yeah that was closed for the entire two day stay. The food is good I'll give them that and the pool truly is nice but the rooms are outdated, walls are thin, hotel staff was not helpful and we were more stressed out after being there for two days. I will think again before using a groupon getaway.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about stairs and explain your needs.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Loren S
Dcutillo, General Manager at Steele Hill Resorts, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
I am sorry to hear you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. Our organization prides itself on resolving guest issues. Had we known you were unhappy, I can assure you we would have gone out of our way to make things right.

Based on your feedback, it sounds like the issues began with the reservation. I will talk with our front desk staff about your experience. The west building does have several doors along the main hallway that offer more convenient parking and more direct access to the rooms. Had our staff been more communicative, this would have prevented you from having to enter through the amenities building. During your stay our west bar area was closed, but our main bar and tavern in the restaurant area was open. I will look into better signage to put out at the west bar area to communicate this with guests.

Your comment regarding the gate is also insightful. I will talk with our housekeeping staff today about coming up with a solution to offer guests for this issue.

I would love the opportunity to change you perception of the property. Please feel free to contact me at robertrobillard@steelehillresorts.com or by phone at 603.524.2216 and I would be more than happy to discuss your stay and see if we can change your outlook on the property.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

If there was ever a place I have put to the test and passed, Steels Hill Resort is at the top of the list. Not only due to medical issues that I had critique every inch of the rooms but the biggeest challenge of all; children. I stayed twice in two weeks, both times in the South building. The view of the mountains and lake are amazing and the rooms are just as warm. I have run into the occasional housekeeping issue, but I tell you not to bring it down, but to illustrate their resolve. Not one thing I found and brought to their attention such as a dirty bathroom vent, were they not eager to fix. They sent someone within minutes to fix. Not only that, but they also sent a sitewide email to make sure all the rooms had those same issues resolve. Long story short, every employee at Steele Hill Resort are all more than happy and ready to assure you have the best experience possible.

There are two more things I have to touch upon; the first being their extensive pool area. It is beautiful and full of activities for the whole family. On my last visit it was a bit on the negative side, however, it was due to other parents. I urge all with children to make sure you instill manners and respect in them; it will go a long way. Also, when rules state no children in a hot tub you need to respect that. Not only for the health of your children but it is the one place an adult can go to get five minutes of peace away from their children, they do not want have to deal with yours. The second thing being the road leading up to the resort. Keep in mind, most of the road along the way is maintained by the state. The constant frost heaves are because it is NH, a lot of roads have them. Also, the additional roughness is due to improper drainage. I'm sure the state would love to hear your concerns on the matter. Blaming the Resort for the roads that are public and belong to the town is a bit unfair; please keep that in mind.

The final question being would I stay again? Thanks to the customer service and their ability to problem solve and empathize when needed, I would definitly take the drive!

P.s. if you are a coupon addict like me, be aware there are coupons available if you know where to look ( think of picking up coupon books when you go shopping nearby).

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sheerglow
While many people enjoy our pool areas, I personally think the view is the property’s greatest asset. Working here as long as I have, I still appreciate it each and every morning. It sounds like you enjoyed your time with us. While the bathroom vent was an issue, I am extremely happy to hear that you found our staff was responsive and resolved the problem to ensure you had a happy relaxing stay. Indeed the vent issue was brought up as a result of your feedback. A message to pay special attention to similar vents in other rooms was circulated to the housekeeping staff as a result.

Your description of our road situation is quite accurate. We have been working with the state and the town to address the access roads for over a decade, even going so far as to donating additional money to the projects on top of our tax obligations. Fortunately, the state and the town have teamed up to completely overhaul the roads. Last year they finished the first half of the project, taking care of a particularly bad section before the main turn up the hill and this spring they are schedule to complete the road all the way to the bridge on route 3. Needless to say, the resort and our guests deeply appreciate these efforts to make traveling to the hill a smooth ride.

Thank you for you positive feedback. We are grateful you chose Steele Hill as your vacation destination. We all hope to see you up on the Hill again soon.

new hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed in the West building for two nights. Two adults and four kids, we rented units 611 & 612, which open up to a 3 bedroom unit. These units used to be their sales offices, so they are not connected indoors, which was sort of a pain coming from the pool in February.

Was a little disppointed in our units, very small compared to other units. No fireplace and very little counter space. It did have 3 bathrooms though (all with just showers).

The indoor pool is the highlight of this resort in the winter. My kids did not want to leave. They have a slide, hot tubs and a suana. It kept them all busy for 3 days. One great thing is you can use their facilities as early as you want on your check in day and as late as you want on your check out day. Also, the staff is great, every call to the front desk was met with a pleasant employee.

Had pizza from the restaurant, it was real good, but disappointed they wouldn't deliver to rooms or the pool. However, another place in town will.

Overall stay was good, but next year we will try to get a 2 bedroom in West with a fireplace and more room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the helpful feedback. Overall it sounds like you and your family had a fun stay with us. I have to agree that those particular units do have some unique characteristics. Many guest actually request them due to their proximity to our great pool facilities and some guest have similar feedback about the layouts. I will keep things in mind for future renovation projects to see if there are changes we could make to improve the setup.

It sounds like you and your family had a great time playing and relaxing in the pool area. I find that in the colder months, the space really lets you pretend you are in a tropical setting. I will relay your positive comments about our pizza to the food and beverage staff. We have talked about extending food services in the past and I will make sure to relay your comments as we explore things further. Thanks again for choosing Steele Hill to spend your family vacation time. We hope to see you up on the Hill again in the future.

Rob Robillard, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanbornton
10.3 km away
10.8 km away
The Summit Resort
The Summit Resort
#6 of 12 in Laconia

Been to Steele Hill Resorts? Share your experiences!