“Good value clean room”

Ranked #2 of 4 Rye B&B and Inns
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Good value clean room”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Everything one could expect in a motel: clean, gondola bed, friendly staff.
Signage a bit of an issue at night - we missed it four times and had to do u turns! Sign needs illuminating at night. Also, make sure you get directions or know where you are going in nearby Portsmouth ( a nice little town once you find the right bits)

Room Tip: Make sure you have satnav!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richardbate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here for one night during a road trip. Found this place after not seeing any place in Portsmouth, NH that felt right. My wife and I like motels where you can park the car right outside the room - find this very convenient.
We saw that the place wasn't full, it looked clean and cared for. The woman at front desk was friendly and helpful-showed us the room and went out of her way to help us air it out with the AC as there was some odor of cleaning fluids and it was humid. Recently updated, the room was nicely equipped with microwave, fridge, sink at food area.
Clean, no problem with any bugs, manager and owner both friendly. We paid just under $90 and it was great for our one-night stay. Would recommend for anyone passing through

Room Tip: Be friendly with the staff (and their kids!) and they'll help you with anything you need. A room...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank macreate
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

It was the nicest motel we've been in east usa! The man at he front desk was a littlebit slow and wired but he was friendly! The room was really nice and clean! We paid 107$ dollar tax included! The position is good, only 10 minutes from porthsmouth! Recomman!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Marion D
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The clerk at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We did, however, leave a comment on their card that it might be time for new mattresses! They were terrible...these were in a room with 2 double beds. Our friends stayed in a room with a king size bed and said their mattress was fine. It is an older establishment and therefore the carpets are old and dingy. It was clean enough and it was conveniently located to Portsmouth.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Borinquen61
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My grandson and I stayed here in March of 2013 . I couldn't,t believe how well treated we were. The rates were excellent and the rooms were VERY CLEAN !!!! NO BUGS !!!!! THE BEST SLEEP EVER !!!! The staff couldn't do enough for us and treated us like we were family . I was SO IMPRESSED !!!!!! My daughter and I had decided to go to New Hampshire , for the long weekend ,May 17/2013, to do a bit of shopping and Again we stayed at the Rosewood Inn. MOST ENJOYABLE !!!!! I had car problems when I arrived ,and Norman who is an employee at the front desk ,was SO helpful and Kind. If it wasn't,t for him I don't know what I would have done. He even went out of his way and led me to the Honda Barn so that I could get my car fixed ,and have a Safe trip back to Nova Scotia. Thank you Norman !!!!!!!
All employees there do what ever they can to make sure your stay is a Memorable one !!!!!!
I am a very fussy person and like cleanliness and I CANNOT SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE as I WILL STAY THERE AGAIN. What other hotel or motel offers , caring people ,wifi and free calling to Canada ????? That was also very impressive to me . A BIG Thank YOU , to all the staff at The ROSEWOOD INN for making my stay a memorable one!!! SEE YOU ALL AGAIN SOON !!!!

Room Tip: Made a mistake as there is no pool. So I shouldn't have rated it. All I can say is that I want...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christina L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
8.5 km away
4.8 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 17 in Portsmouth

Been to The Rosewood Inn at Rye? Share your experiences!