“Great Diner near Mt. Monadnuck”
Review of Hometown Diner

Hometown Diner
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Rindge
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We stopped here for lunch after hiking Mt. Monadnuck. Highly recommend. The food is great and the portions are large. I had the Reuben sandwich with onion rings. Many of our boys had the "Big Boy" breakfast and even thought most are teenagers they couldn't finish the whole breakfast.

Beyond the food the staff was fantastic and the service excellent.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I hesitated to write this review. Vibe, food, and friendly super-service (even at 8:00 on a Saturday morning) were all surprisingly good, enough to cause me to return often.

So why the hesitation? Almost anytime a patron said *anything*, waitress responded with a nervous, *extremely loud* cackle (no other way to describe it) in response. Over the course of my trying to enjoy my breakfast, it became too much.

Although I'd love to frequently return, fear of this annoyance so early in the morning is enough to cause me to seek a different breakfast spot (Blue Moon Diner in Gardner isn't it, either—see my review on that over-rated place.)

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Stopped by with my son after climbing Mount Monadnock. Excellent turkey club with yummy onion rings for me. My son enjoyed the blueberry pancakes. Would definitely go back if in the area.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Christopher N
Reviewed 22 August 2018

This is a small diner but they have outdoor sitting so unless it is pouring rain or freezing cold, there should be enough room to accommodate a big family. The prices were a little high compared to other diners, the serving portions were ok to good and the service was ok also. Truth be told... I gave it 4 stars simply because the location was ideal and we had a pleasant time when we ate at this place.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018

My wife and I stopped here at the recommendation of a friend. I had fried haddock, onion rings, and coleslaw. Excellent choice - Fish was great, the onion rings were the best we can remember eating - slaw was very good. My wife had one of several salad options - nice greens, etc. The portions were generous, the quality of all items were consistently high, the service was fine. We will certainly return when the opportunity presents itself!

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Hometown Diner? Share your experiences!