All reviews typical courtyard courtyard marriott free shuttle the shuttle driver nice facility fitness center close to downtown ice machine workout room short drive market street new hampshire hotel is great bed was very comfortable third floor nice stay mini fridge
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We stayed five nights in July and found it very, very comfortable. The breakfast downstairs, though not included, was very reasonable and offered a quality array of hot and cold foods. Even though it was crowded, the hotel was not loud nor did I feel like I had to wait to be served. The staff were outgoing and friendly and it has a shuttle to town. Would definitely return here.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

My son is in the Navy. He is temporarily stationed across the bridge in Kittery, Maine. My husband and I usually stay at the Marriott Residence inn. We couldn't justify paying $20 a day to park. We used my husbands military discount which is nice! This hotel is close to Kittery and close to restaurants, the movie theater and malls. I believe they charged for breakfast. That is ridiculous! The Marriott's except for their five star, usually have a complimentary buffet! My son took us to breakfast and dinner during our stay, so I can't review the food.
The room was very clean and the mattress was very comfortable! The hospitality staff were very friendly and helpful. We will be staying here again

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights to attend a family wedding. The rooms were clean and some were bright but our room over looked the dingy roof that blocked the sun. Which made the room very dark. We were on the 2nd floor but most of your group were on the 4th floor with nice views and lots of sunlight. The staff was pleasant and attentive to our needs. The hotel had free parking plus a free shuttle to and from downtown Portsmouth which was 1 mile away. No wait time and pleasant drivers. Suggestions to make it a perfect stay would be a free breakfast or at least free coffee in the lobby bright and early in the morning.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CY_Portsmouth_NH, General Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent visit. Your input is truly valuable as our guest's feedback is our greatest tool that we use to enhance our performance and ensure that we are improving and exceeding our guest's expectations. We strive to provide the best product and top notch service to all of our guest and I am sorry that we failed to do so on your recent visit. Should you want to further discuss your experience please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. We hope to welcome you back to continue to stay with us in the future. Thank you for your time and continued patronage as a high valued Marriott guest.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

We stayed at the Courtyard in Portsmouth during a trip to the NH/Maine coast this summer. It met our needs perfectly for the night and was close to historic downtown Portsmouth. While there aren't many "bells and whistles," I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean place to stay while visiting Portsmouth for a night.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Convenient to downtown and other local businesses. Has a lounge w/ bistro so it's perfect for the business traveler. Room was clean and roomy. The hotel staff was very friendly. Hotel parking is free so that's an added bonus. Most of the others in the area charge for daily parking plus valet.

Date of stay: June 2016