All reviews courtyard marriott free shuttle the shuttle driver nice facility fitness center close to downtown ice machine workout room short drive market street new hampshire hotel is great bed was very comfortable nice stay third floor mini fridge king room
Reviewed 8 November 2015

When we decided to go to Kittery and Kennebunkport we found this location great. Near I-95 and easy drive to downtown Portsmouth and Kittery malls. The hotel is really nice with a beautiful pool and equipped gym. I used the free computer and printer that were in excellent conditions. There is no complimentary breakfast but there is a complimentary shuttle to downtown. The room is clean and comfortable. We had an extra bed to my daughter that worked perfectly in the room. I like the hotel because it has everything I could expect from a Courtyard except the pine trees around it. It gives a special landscape.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Convenient to I-95. An easy walk (about a mile) to downtown or take the free shuttle. Attractive grounds, plenty of free parking. Staff friendly and welcoming. We prefer this to downtown locations with their congested traffic. We'll use this hotel anytime we visit Portsmouth or UNH.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Much enjoyed my stay of six nights. Some details follow, but first a story.

My trip was a work trip. A grueling, difficult task. Booked 70 billable hours in 7 days. Sleep was at a premium.

My first day of work was long. Flew out of DCA 9 AM, bound for BOS, worked until 2 AM, and had to report back to work 7 AM, so only four hours of sleep available.

Returned to the hotel to find the lobby in full swing of a party. Thought it was a hockey team. Turned out to be a fraternal reunion of college buds. They had the room across the hall and talked loudly all night after they left the lobby, with either the door open so that the party seemed to be right in the hall, or with the loud door slamming.

Took a mid-day break the next day. Ran into them at the hot tub. Ended up having a sit with them, then promptly and discretely moving to another floor, ably assisted by Dan on front desk.

My point? The fellows were looking forward to hanging out and deserved to use their room. Calling the front desk to complain would not have worked. Joining the party and offering a toast to keeping in touch was superior.

The restaurant was excellent, within their open hours. The bartenders, Conrad, Hillary and Cathy had an excellent set of hospitality skills. Bar was open until 10 PM, which was fine for my trip. A nice addition to the bar glassware would be some shot glasses for shooters.

Both Sayed and Sara are good cooks, though Sayed has special culinary school training as a chef that shines through, even in the simplest dishes. Sara's dishes are pleasing and she is attentive to the task of cooking.

Breakfast was a little confusing with limited hours. When I was able to get Christina's attention for the one meal I was able to have, it was adequate. Other than that, I ate breakfast at McDonald's.

Lunch was a nice buffet and a complete surprise. There is no lunch Friday, Saturday or Sunday, and there is no signage indicating that there will be lunch. Basically, even though I asked repeatedly, I was not able to determine the opening hours for the restaurant.

Lobby coffee is not provided. The in-room coffeemakers work.

The front desk service was excellent. From my first visit here previously to this visit, Felecia has been welcoming. She goes the extra mile, fetching an apple from the kitchen when the lobby market presented nothing fresh.

Housekeeping was excellent. The pool area was reasonably well maintained, with good opening hours (7am to 11pm.) Used the pool daily, sometimes twice. Nice that it had a shower, though the bathroom door does not latch.

Location was very convenient for downtown, shopping and my business work. Grocery store not too far down the road.

Great time of year to visit for foliage, submarine museum, restaurants, shopping.

Room tip: Enjoyed ground floor on side of hotel near pool.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PeterNMI
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

We used this hotel as a base to explore Portsmouth and the southern shore of ME. Easy access to downtown Portsmouth and Kittery and close to lots of stores and restaurants. From here we were able to easily travel as far up as Kennebunkport. And since we were coming from New York on our way to Bar Harbor, it was a great place to break up the trip. Downtown Portsmouth is a great walking city with lots of fun stores to explore.

The hotel was very comfortable and the staff was efficient and friendly. Definitely exceeded my expectations. I definitely will be stopping here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2015

We had a nice stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They had a restaurant that served a buffet breakfast and individual items. There was an indoor pool- water temp was on the cooler side. The hotel offered a shuttle van to and from Portsmouth. We had a room that faced the highway- was noisey at times.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from highway, elevator and ice machine
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CY_Portsmouth_NH, General Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

Dear Gloria H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent visit. Your input is truly valuable and we are glad that you had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to welcome you back and continue your patronage with us for future stays. Thank you for your time as a high valued Marriott guest.

CJ Shaw