All reviews waffles room was clean choice hotels hampton beach queen bed pool and hot tub would definitely stay here again waffle maker decent hotel off the highway stayed here for one night fresh fruit a great stay short drive portsmouth nh pillows cereal
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

This was our first family visit to Portsmouth and the hotel was a nice surprise. The staff was friendly, especially Dierdre who went out of her way to help us with directions and dining places. The room seemed tight with two Queen beds for our family of four. The free WiFi and breakfast was good.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2015

This is the third time we've stayed at the Comfort Inn in Portsmouth, NH, this time for 3 nights in late July, 2015. The hotel is located in Yoken's Common, Lafayette Rd., Portsmouth, NH and will become a Quality Inn in the Fall of 2015.
Our room was located in an alcove on the second floor, facing a small parking area at the back of the hotel. The room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The bathroom featured a large countertop area and was well stocked with towels and bath amenities. A complimentary breakfast of hot and cold items and fresh fruit was included, and the breakfast dining area was comfortable and pleasantly appointed.
The reception desk staff, led by highly personable Julie, were very friendly and accommodating!
This hotel is within easy driving distance of beautiful, historic downtown Portsmouth, wonderful beaches, parks, and walking areas/viewing points in New Castle, Rye, and the Hamptons, along NH's 18 mile stunning seacoast, and several outstanding golf courses in the NH-So.Maine seacoast area.
I grew up in Portsmouth, NH and know firsthand that the comfortable, affordable, and conveniently located Comfort Inn is a great base from which to explore and to enjoy all that the NH-So.Maine seacoast area has to offer!

Room tip: Ask for a room that faces the back of the hotel
Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank SCJan
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Stayed two nights at the comfort inn in pourtsmouth again this year. It was fifteen minutes from Hampton Beach which was the purpose of our trip. The staff is outstanding as is the property' very clean and maintained well. I did read though this is changing to Quality Inn this year, hope everything stays as is.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed 27 June 2015

We arrived in the area late on a Saturday night and having tried three other hotels in the area, all fully booked we were glad to get a room. The check-in advised that the only room available was on a smoking floor. I under estimated just how bad the smell of the room could be. It was like sleeping in a giant ashtray all night and to be honest I could not wait to leave the next morning. I am amazed that hotels can be allowed to smell so filthy. I could not recommend this to anyone.

Room tip: Avoid the 3rd floor.
Date of stay: June 2015
4  Thank map737
Reviewed 26 June 2015

As I have a bad knee I asked for a handicapped room. Well they put us in the basement. where we could not access the free wifi. Anyway when I looked in the bathroom the only thing that was in there was the bars around the toilet. I still had to step over the tub to get in. Then I noticed that there was no toilet paper anywhere in the room. How does that happen. especially since we did not arrive until 3 15. they had plenty of time to prepare this room.

Room tip: before you sit make sure there is toilet paper
Date of stay: June 2015