“Awesome dinner for Vegan and non-vegan”
Review of Green Elephant

Green Elephant
Ranked #1 of 219 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in with my vegan daughter and our dinner here was amazingly delicious! I am not a vegan, but my meal of coconut soup and tofu tikka masala was one of the best meals I've had in a while! Don't forget to save room for the very delicious fried banana dumplings served with vegan coconut ice cream. The food was made even better by the cute, cozy atmosphere, friendly staff, and quick service. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant offers a nice variety of Asian vegan eats. Lovely atmosphere. Great location, in downtown Portsmouth, NH.

Multiple dessert choices, as well

Reviewed 28 July 2017

This is a very light and airy spot and the food matches! The menu has many choices of both Indian and Asian entrees, salads, and noodles. The tiny veggie dumplings come each on their own spoon. The peanut sauce is excellent. Service is very pleasant and rapid. The portions are reasonable, but could be larger for the prices.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We love this food! We had great drinks and awesome appetizers!!! Our waitress, Kendra, gave us great recommendations!

Edamame, Ma-Hor, Char Guay Teow, samosa's, and pineapple brown rice! So good!!! Thank you Kendra!!! So good!!! We'll be back!!!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stumbled upon this restaurant when visiting Portsmouth on the fly. Friendly, helpful service - we hung around quite awhile and there was no pressure or attitude as they switched from lunch to dinner set up. It has a really nice atmosphere - huge walls of windows -very nice setting. I can't even describe how fantastic the food was. I ordered the Panang Curry (level 3 on a scale of 4 for spice and it was fine - would order a 4 next time). Plenty of tasty, not overly sweet sauce, fresh, nice assortment of vegetables, not over or under cooked, brown jasmine rice and generous portion. It tasted very authentic and prepared in a flash! I was delighted to discover that they have a sister restaurant in Portland, which I definitely intend to try. You have to try this, vegetarian or not!