“Really good ice cream”

Annabelle's Natural Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 10 Dessert in Portsmouth
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Our waiter at the Oar House restaurant across the street recommended Annabelle's by saying he won't eat any other ice cream. There are a bunch of tables to sit, and a chalk board on one wall to write messages (nice to keep the kids busy while you wait your turn in line). I really prefer ice cream to be on display because I tend to pick based on how it looks - Annabelle's ice creams are all in covered units, so there is no peeking. The ice cream was deliciously creamy, with flavors that really exploded. Highly recommend. We had maple walnut, which did not disappoint and wasn't the "maple-extract limp flavor" you usually encounter. This had strong maple flavor and lots of walnuts. Chocolate chip was a clean and crisp vanilla with bunches of chips. Chocolate was a deep, rich flavor. Don't miss this ice cream.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I love ice cream! Especially homemade ice cream in unique flavors, so I was happy to find this place while visiting Portsmouth. They had a large flavor list with creative flavors. The prices were good too and the portions were good. Our ice cream was delicious and we would definitely go back next time we visit to try some other flavors. Just a heads up they are cash only, although I do think there was an ATM in there.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stopped into this local shop primarily for lemonade, but also got some ice cream as well. Both are good, although the line to get anything from the counter was kind of long. Still, this is an established shop with a great local customer base plus some tourists...I would go back again.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Great ice cream but didn't take credit cards. Very inconvenient for customers. The salted caramel is excellent. Would return after getting cash!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The ice cream was soft and the service was rushed. They forgot my wife's sprinkles . It was very busy, but they need to be mindful of orders and how they treat people.

Thank John T. C