“Perfect, Perfect, Perfect”

Breaking New Grounds
Ranked #1 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Just the way a coffee house should be- plenty of tables, WiFi, excellent coffees, teas, drinks, bakery items and friendly service. Next year when I am in Portsmouth I will spend quite a few hours there while my wife checks back on me from time-to-time.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I'm a frequent visitor of Breaking New Grounds because I work from home and they allow me to work in the shop (there are a few outlets and such to plug in computers). They have a huge coffee and treat selection. You get a free re-fill when you drink in-store.

Desserts include cakes, cheesecakes, various "breads" (tea breads, banana breads, etc,), muffins, bagels, cookies, and all sorts of goodies. Nice biscotti, too. No full meals, so no salads, etc. But enough for breakfast or a light lunch even.

Free WiFi but it can be really spotty. I usually tap onto someone else :)

They also have outside seating so you can watch the hustle and bustle of Portsmouth. The only thing I'm not sure about are whether or not the tables outside are theirs. I am pretty sure they are, in which case, it would be great o have more monitoring as tourists will sit there for hours without even buying anything (and again, I sit there for hours [and I buy multiple treats and coffees] at a time so I see it often).

Reviewed 16 July 2017

After a fair dinner, walked here to have dessert and coffee. Lots of choices that pleased everyone. Chocolate/Peanut Butter was everyone's favorite, over the NY Cheesecake. Sat outside and which the nightlife.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The small iced coffee I ordered at 4pm kept me up until the next morning which threw off the 13 hour drive I had that day. This is the most caffeinated iced coffee I've ever had, ever. You were warned!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

After drinking the bitter brew passed as coffee at our hotel, Breaking New Grounds was paradise found. The coffee is simply the best in Portsmouth. Service is quick and accurate.
Place your order and within seconds a delicious cup of coffee is waiting at the register.
I did try their coconut flavored coffee also. Another winner.