“Excellent foood and service”
Review of Cure

Cure
Ranked #9 of 219 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Very nice restaurant and reasonably priced. I had the short ribs and my husband had the chicken. We both liked our entrees a lot.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

A rather larger than normal family dinner party could not have been accommodated any better than our recent experience at Cure. And there was unanimous agreement that every dish - from appetizers, entrees & desserts - was spectacular. I had a taste of the portobello mushroom appetizer & I’m still thinking about it. We had a range of entrees - rib eye, short ribs, duck, pork chop & flatbread. While I didn’t sample all of them, everyone was raving about their choice. I had the lobster Mac & cheese & it was delicious with lots of tender pieces of lobster. Even though the serving was very generous (& provided lunch the next day), I saved room for a bite of pumpkin creme brûlée. Perfect ending. Also loved the cocktail list. I’ll have to return to try another from the list while enjoying that mushroom dish again!

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Great food and really nice people. Julie (owner/chef) was very welcoming and extremely accommodating. We booked at short notice but she did everything to get us a table. Book ahead as the Cure gets booked up - and with an exceptional menu then this is not really surprising. The decor and setting is extremely cosy and the whole dining experience at The Cure was truly memorable.

All we really need now is for Julie to open the Cure UK in Portsmouth England (but I suspect this is wishful thinking).

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We decided to eat here based on TripAdvisor reviews and were NOT disappointed. The food was excellent and was matched by the service. We eat out often and this was one of the best meals we have ever had! The lobster bisque was out of this world and worth the price. I had duck breast and my husband had the short ribs - both wonderful. Finished the meal with the flourless chocolate cake - sinful. From the first bite to the last morsel it was a fabulous experience.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

As someone who eats out weekly, this was one of the nicest dinners we experienced in a long time. We called last minute & were able to dine in the courtyard w/heaters (away from the crowd in the dining room.) The room & bar is small, but cozy & charming. The menu offers a nice variety of items that proved to be "a notch above" comparable eateries in town. Starters: Grilled Romaine Wedge-w/a generous topping of thick bacon, bleu cheese, cherry tomatoes, eggs & cukes. Salmon Gravlox-served w/mustard, capers, red onion, dill, egg & sour cream & Simple Greens salad w/champagne vinaigrette. Entrees: Veggie Stuffed Portobello Mushroom, Grilled Halibut (special) w/wild rice & Pistachio Crusted Salmon on a bed of shaved zucchini, squash, red&green peppers finished w/a carrot-ginger puree...best of all! For dessert we shared a home-made lemon cheesecake w/warm fresh blueberry topping. We "dined" at a unhurried pace thanks to our delightful server - Kait. Overall, excellent value & quality.