1,011 results
All reviewsheated outdoor poolcontinental breakfastbagelsdowntown portsmouthnew englandroad noisecoffee makerhard boiled eggsroom was spotlessgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againfridge and microwaveminute driveone night stayfront desk staffconvenient locationflat screen tv
Reviewed 30 August 2015

We stayed overnight here and booked a long time ago directly with the hotel as it's not on the net. This hotel is excellent, low rise, and although near the highway it is set far back enough so that you cannot hear the traffic noise, we even slept with the back window open! Upon checking in Damien was very friendly and helpful gave us great tips where to park in town and have lunch. The room we had was on upper floor overlooking the pool near stairs, it was spacious with even a kitchen! Microwave, cooktop, fridge mini, sink pots cutlery plates etc... The bathroom was fine too with a window you could open. The hotel has a guest laundry which won a lot of points for me as we've been travelling, Skip from reception gave me changed and even checked on me. The internet worked really fast. We had no noisy neighbours during the night and had the best sleep for a long time! The pillows and bed were great. Breakfast was ok, self serve, cereals, yogurts, juice, egg omelette, bagels etc...not fantastic but adequate. The ice vending machine is with the laundry. All in all this was a great happy surprise to us and I recommend it. Didn't use the pool but there were kids and adults loving it.

Room Tip: Get an upper room facing the pool
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Isabel B
PortInnNH, Owner at The Port Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all your kind words and we are happy you had a good night's sleep with us. We are fortunate to have a great staff with caring people like Damien and Skip. I do want to let you know both our properties do have an internet presence. You can find us and make reservations on www.portinn.com and www.portinnkennebunk.com. You can also find us on choicehotels.com as both properties are members of the Choice Hotels Ascend Collection. And you can always find us and book directly on www.tripadvisor.com. We hope to have the privilege of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

I was on vacation with my 4 daughters, we were heading from Maine to Vermont. We stopped to eat in Portsmouth, and I realized I was tired and we weren't going to make it much further. I pulled up the Trip Advisor app and booked a room @ the Port Inn. All I ask for is a clean room and comfy bed, but the Port Inn exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and spacious, the bed was so comfortable. Tasty complimentary breakfast in the morning. The staff was very nice and helpful. I was so impressed and for sure if ever I am in Portsmouth again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2015

I rely on the reviews of others when traveling to a new location. Portsmouth is only 90 minutes away from my NH home. A girl's weekend was planned for Portsmouth so we were in need of comfortable, reasonably priced place to stay that was within a few miles of the center of town. If you've looked at the rates for in-town hotel rooms - and even those within a few miles of the Port Inn, then you know this hotel is a bargain in disguise.

I'm not a fan of motels at all. I dislike outside entry rooms, so Port Inn had a strike against it from the visual of this being a motel dressed up to be something else. We decided to choose it simply from the TripAdvisor reviews and it didn't disappoint at all.

There will be nothing negative in this review other than the outside entrance - that can't be fixed, but there are sturdy locks on the doors to each room and it certainly was in a safe location. The room was sparkling clean. They have remodeled each room to reflect a NYC boutique hotel room. Small and well appointed, yet we were in a room with two queen beds and didn't feel crowded at all. If you closed your eyes, you'd swear you were in a mid-town NYC room. Mattresses were extremely comfortable, upscale sheets, towels, toiletries. Single serving Starbucks coffee, a microwave and decent sized refrigerator. Tons of water pressure, instant hot water... and the list goes on.
Breakfast is served from 6am to 11am - I'm an early riser so this was music to my ears. My only complaint is the "meh" omelets. But, bacon and sausages made up for them. Delicious fresh fruit salad, yogurt, muffins, bagels, etc... plenty to choose from and kept fresh. Coffee was hearty and delicious.
Last and most important, this hotel is staffed by genuinely kind and enthusiastic employees. They make sure you are happy with everything.

If you've read my reviews, I don't give an excellent to many places... Port Inn deserves it.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back or side of the Inn. Quieter and closer to the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank rockyisle
Reviewed 23 August 2015

was here last yr and decided to visit portsmouth and stayed here again. got a good price on the room and was happy with the stay, rooms is clean, pretty good breakfast. staff very helpful and considering its only a 5 minute drive to downtown portsmouth it's a no brainer staying here rather then pay the extra 100 or so just to be downtown. summer times a litle tough to use the pool with all the kids around but if you go later in day then its not too bad. this is my stay at place when visiting the area

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2015

One night turned into 2. We have stayed here before. We find the rooms clean and roomy, the prices realistic and the staff is OUTSTANDING. Great place, and you can tell people working there are interested in providing the best stay possible for travelers.
We will be back!