“Great late bite”

The Kitchen
Ranked #65 of 213 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Got here before closing time looking for something small yet substantial to eat. The bbq rib appetizers were the perfect choice with a side of coleslaw. My friend's Cobb salad was great, too. Good selection of beer. Fast, friendly service.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I'm lucky enough to live right up the street from The Kitchen and as a sandwich enthusiast and having eaten my way thru most of Portsmouth, I can safely say this place makes the best sandwiches by far. They do the classics with their own twist which makes it fun without ruining the sandwich. Personal favorites are the Turkey Club and Chicken Salad Sandwich.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Awesome food. Waiters were very helpful and courteous. Atmosphere was very relaxing. Prices were midrange.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

A go-to spot when we are looking for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner. The portions are huge and the food is always scratch made and delicious! We have tried many things from the menu and never been dissapointed. You order at the counter and they call your name when it's done. The food never takes too long. The staff is very friendly. I recommend the spudsters! I will be back again and again!

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

I have enjoyed lunch many times at The Kitchen since they opened a couple of years back now. They consistently make delicious sandwiches served with a homemade side like fresh coleslaw which never disappoints. The counter service is always friendly and upbeat. I love their sandwiches so much I have yet to try some of their other menu choices. I believe they do flatbreads as well as salads. Ingredients are always fresh and prepared with care upon ordering. Prices are very reasonable given the quality of the food. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.