“Good food on the move”

Price range: USD 7 - USD 24
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: At the Roundabout Diner and Lounge, we serve breakfast all day, great burgers and sandwiches, Phantom Gourmet award-winning BBQ, comfort food classics like meatloaf, roast turkey, and of course, local New England favorites like fish and chips, and the best lobster roll around. We also use locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, like bread baked just for us by When Pigs Fly Bakery, breakfast sausage made for us in Vermont, local cheeses, and more. And we make all our delicious cakes and pies right here at the Roundabout. From scratch! If you would like us to cater one of your events then look no further than Chill Catering, one of the largest catering companies on the seacoast.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in the nearby (next door) holiday inn and this was recommended for cheaper eating than in the hotel. As with many American Diners the food was of a reasonable standard and of course there was plenty of it. We enjoyed the fish and chips (haddock) and the service was quick and friendly although they offered me desert whilst my wife was still eating her main which was a bit odd. Never the less for the money this was a good choce when passing through.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited late on a weekday evening for either an appetizer or dessert -- thought we'd decide which when we saw the menu. The artichoke dip was excellent, and the setting is very nice -- like stepping back in time. We sat in the bar area, which wasn't extremely busy, but the service was slow. I got the feeling that there was a large group somewhere else in the restaurant that was taking the staff's time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Best diner breakfast I've had in a long time. We ordered apple crisp french toast and blueberry pancakes. Both were delicious and served with warm maple syrup.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped here on our first night in town. My daughter ordered the chicken tenders and I chose the chicken and rice soup (since I was sick with a sore throat) I also ordered a hot tea. The soup was very good. We sat in Kim’s section. What a cutie pie. She was so attentive and on the ball. We were so happy with our food and service we decided to come back the next night. We requested to sit in Kim’s section again. She recognized us as soon as we sat down and remembered that liked hot tea. I loved the Chicken and rice soup so much I ordered it the second night. My daughter ordered the salmon which came with wild rice and asparagus. It was so good she ate every bite. We came back once more just for a snack and were excited to see our favorite waitress Kim was working. She immediately brought me out my tea and an extra pot of water. I ordered the blueberry pie with ice cream and my daughter had the cheese fries. She only had the fries because they didn’t have anymore chicken and rice soup! We ate here three out of four nights on our trip. The only reason it wasn’t four out of four nights was because my 21 year old daughter was embarrassed to eat there again. Great food and even better service. Shout out to Kim!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came in on a busy Friday night. We chose to sit at the bar rather than wait for a table. Jess B, tended bar. Jess was great and so was the food. We kept it simple, a Reuben and a cheeseburger. Both were delicious, as were the fries and onion rings. We will definitely be back. Serious kudos to Jess B. She was busy nonstop throughout our meal while also waiting on a large group and several tables as well as the bar. SHE DESERVES A RAISE!