“Beautiful views and classic food”

The River House Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 215 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: USD 11 - USD 24
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The River House is located along the scenic Piscataqua River. We offer indoor seating and a variety of outdoor seating including a cocktail deck, all with excellent views of Portsmouth's busy waterway. Our menu includes of a variety of classic dishes from land and sea including our award winning seafood chowder. Our scenic views, friendly service and local cuisine are a "Cant Miss" for Portsmouth, NH.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a favorite restaurant for our clan, with something for everyone. Classic food, good beer selection, and unbeatable views of the river.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We drove down to Portsmouth to meet my nephew for dinner. He recommended River House for gluten free options. He was spot on.

I had calamari, lightly battered and fried, served with sliced jalapeños and fresh lemon. Tasty.

He got the tenders to share with his girlfriend, Cajun style. They got the ten, and went home with four! These tenders are crispy, moist and huge!

On the down side-the prices. We paid $150 for four. That's on the high end for me and this place is just a step up from fast food/bar food. But add in the location-we sat on the river-maybe that's what they charge for.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Had an early dinner here with a friend on a cool Thursday spring evening. It was a nice relaxing time sitting upstairs on the outside insulated deck. The service was good and the food was delicious with good portions at decent prices.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I was visiting from the UK, They took me to this lovely harbourfront restaurant. I very much enjoyed the seafood dish they recommended. I would never have known how to choose from the extensive menu otherwise. Service good as well.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Ordered Take-Out Haddock Sandwiches which were great, good service, good food!! The order was correct and on time.