“Delicious NY style bagels in NH”
Review of Bagel Mill

Bagel Mill
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Peterborough
Reviewed 13 January 2015 via mobile

Passing through the charming town of Peterborough looking for a quick breakfast. I asked a local for a recommendation and got directions to the Bagel Mill. Coffee is excellent and a great selection of true NY style bagels. I for an egg sandwich on an everything bagel that was spot on! Free wifi and an outdoor patio for summer enjoyment. Plenty of indoor seating and friendly staff. Looks like a great "local" hangout! Will definitely stop there again on my next visit to the town.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

My wife and I grew up in greater New York. Good bagels were common. Not so now ... NYC has only fair bagels, generally, as restaurants & cafes fall prey to time and cost cutting. More often than not bagels in NYC are no better than the bagel chain shops all over the country now.

I'm no baker admittedly, but I have been told it has to do with boiling the dough correctly & many bagel establishments short-cut by steaming, not boiling. Anyway, taste and texture have been compromised, in my opinion.

Imagine our astonishment when we discovered that a small shop in Peterborough, NH has bagels reminiscent of our childhood. Unbelievable! Nice shop with a fireplace if you want to eat in, plus coffee, soft drinks and sandwiches. Many varieties & flavors of bagels - from traditional to out there. All really good. They taste like REAL bagels, not the mass produced variety.

We are locals who travel a good bit & just spent a few days in Manhattan - and yes, ate bagels.
It is good to be back in NH and go to the Bagel Mill for the best bagels we have found anywhere. As unbelievable as it may seem.

(I might add that I thought of doing this review for years, but had a bit of doubt: How could our local NH bagels be the best we found anywhere? But to us they are. Come to NH and have a great NY bagel!)

1  Thank EFandorin
Reviewed 3 December 2014

This place has a good selection of healthy bagels, also various coffees, teas, and healthy juices, etc.

Reviewed 16 October 2014

The Bagel Mill is, as far as I can tell, the best place to get bagels on the planet. There is seriously something about the water, or the flour, or something that brings these to near perfection. My wife is from New York, grew up in the very heart of bagel-ness, and states with no sense of irony, that "you can't get bagels this good in NY." I still have dreams about their (discontinued years back) sun-dried tomato bagels, which were the single finest bagels (in terms of flavor and execution) that I ever had, and will probably never have again.

Staff is cheery, with some servers that have been there quite some time, as well as a constant trickle of new folks that come and go pretty quickly. Most of the time, prep of bagels w/cream cheese comes out well, occasionally you get a server (fairly rare) that is participating in Cream Cheese Rationing Month. Their bagel sandwiches (breakfast sand w/egg, sausage, CC and lox, etc.) have most always turned out well, and fresh. We try not to go there super frequently, but we WILL be back, again and again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Pride in fresh baked bread, bagels, pastries and cookies is what you discover at Bagel Mill.

Breakfast, Lunch or Brunch offers Bagels, breakfast sandwiches and lunch sandwiches served on homemade breads and bagels, salads, soups are also available. A family run business which dedicates itself to serving the freshest and best baked goods. It is pleasantly detailed with ample window light, and original artwork on the walls in the dining area. Whatever season you travel in, drop by the Bagel Mill, It will be a pleasant experience!