“Spoiled food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
MacKenna's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: Breakfasts and lunches served. Family restaurant.
Description: Breakfasts and lunches served. Family restaurant.
Reviewed 10 September 2016

I ordered a lobster roll but the meat had spoiled. My husband's salad was wilted. They need to do better.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

I hadn't eaten here for years. I was disappointed at the physical appearance of this restaurant. The floor was not clean and some tables had not been cleared. I ordered a hamburger which seemed to have been previously frozen. The onion rings were copious but greasy.
The one bright spot was our young waiter. He was terrific! He was attentive and helpful. The restaurant should do their best to keep this fellow.
However, McKenna's needs a major facelift as it's old and tired.
It is open only for breakfast and lunch. It is well-situated in the middle of a busy shopping center on Newport Road in New London, NH.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Stopped here on our way to Ogunquit from Quebec for lunch. Very friendly service and good food. Mom and Pop style restaurant with a long counter at the entrance for the locals for a quick coffee or breakfast and 2 big dining rooms.

I had the fish and chips. The fish was more strips of fish but good but the fries were to die for.

We stopped here again on our way home a week later.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Stopped in for breakfast while driving across NH. It's a bit off the highway, but very easy to get to and find. They have gluten free ("as we can be"), and everyone was very friendly! Breakfast was very filling. No trouble eating paleo there. The server even made me my own fruit bowl, even though one wasn't on the menu. Yum!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We have stopped at MacKenna's over the years but have not been there for the past two years. We decided to stop for a lunch on our way back from camping and we were not disappointed. Their lunch menu is extensive and varied and good. I have to rave about their French fried sweet potatoes. They were cooked to perfection and their burgers are as well. My granddaughter had a Ruben and loved it and she is a fussy teenager. We will certainly not stay away so long next time.