All reviews budget hotel waffles bit dated beds were comfortable fridge and microwave rates
Reviewed 18 April 2018

When I walked into the lobby I could smell cigarette smoke. I assumed it was because someone had been smoking outside of the building. I requested a non-smoking room, but the room smelled of stale cigarettes, especially the bedding and pillows. I had arrived after midnight so I decided I'd deal with it rather than go through the hassle of switching rooms. This morning all of my belongings including my clothing reek of cigarette, so even though I'm out of there the place, it will be with me all day. I also have a small red bump on my neck, and I'm hoping that it is a reaction to the cigarettes. When I complained to the person at the front desk she checked in the computer, and told me that it was a non-smoking room. No other comments or apologies.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
BCManagement, Owner at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Eileen,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience. I can only imagine the frustration you must feel and I am so terribly sorry. This is not how we conduct our business and I can assure you I will be taking this matter up with the staff. If there is anything I can do in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel. Again, I am so sorry and I hope we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Stayed at this Fireside Inn on a business trip. It wasn't the worst place that I've ever stayed but it, also, wasn't one of the best. The desk person was very personable and offered several possible discounts. Unfortunately, the next morning when I switched the billing to a different card, the rate was $20 more than the night before. The room was fine, I appreciated the futon to watch TV. They tried hard with many amenities such as a microwave, mini-fridge and safe but I was somewhat put off when I noticed that the trash from the previous guest was still in the waste basket. I wanted to enjoy the included hot breakfast BUT the waffle maker wasn't working right. The clock wasn't lit so you couldn't tell when/if the waffle was done. After trial and error, there was something wrong with the batter, spoiled, sour and nasty! The timer alert on the waffle maker kept going off during my meal even though no one was anywhere near it and the desk clerk just yelled across the lobby for the guests to open it so that it stopped. Maybe a better solution might be to get it fixed. I LOVE waffles but not these. The waffles at the Hampton Inn are SO good. Maybe ask them where they get them.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are away from the 99 parking lot and highway
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
BCManagement, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Warren,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay! I am so sorry. Our rates do fluctuate nightly, but that should have been explained to you by staff. As for the issues with housekeeping and during breakfast, that was completely our fault and I take full responsibility. I appreciate you letting us know and I will be speaking to the staff about your experience. I am so sorry again and if there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Overall I was rather dissatisfied. Very friendly staff and acceptable even though not flavorful free breakfast was included however my original reservation was for a single King smoking however I have booked the following day rather than the day that I had arrived. The staff was very accommodating was able to find me another room however it was a twin queen bed room the same ones that are always party then so it was rather beating up overall nothing had been updated for quite a while although the Linens were nice and clean in the bed was so comfortable the hair dryer was half ripped off the wall the secondary lock was ripped off like the door had been kicked in before did not give you that Happy getaway feeling

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BCManagement, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay here. I am glad the staff was able to accommodate you but I am sorry there was some confusion with the reservation. I appreciate your comments and take them very seriously, and I will make the necessary changes needed. I am sorry again and if there is anything more I can do please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I love this hotel very much.It is great you get a good nights sleep.I started at other ones great chine.Hot breakfast was great and hot.The coffee was great.I like the one in West Lebanon N.H.In Maine you get a whooping Pie.

Stayed: September 2017
BCManagement, Owner at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you very much, Margie! We love hearing when our guests are happy and we are so pleased you continue to choose the Fireside Inn & Suites. We appreciate your review and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

The Fireside Inn has a lot of New England charm. The lobby is welcoming, with a fire blazing in the hearth and friendly and helpful staff. Plus, being attached to a 99 Restaurant steak house is always welcome.

The rooms are a touch small, but not cluttered, despite the desk, chair, ironing board, iron, large dresser, fridge and microwave. And they are tastefully decorated. The flat screen television sat on the dresser, which was a little low and in need of re-staining or replacement. A wall mount would have been nice. The beds were comfortable and the bedding seemed very clean. The carpet and wall paper had seen better days and the door to the room was both difficult to close and to open. But the heater worked quietly and well.

I interacted many times in our short stay with front desk staff, who were outstanding and pleasant, even the maintenance guy said hello to us when he saw us in the halls. The housekeeping staff knocked on our door once and we asked them to come back later, and while we never in our room past noon, our room was not cleaned during our stay.

The complimentary breakfast was standard fare, but done with care. The area was kept cleaned and stocked and the biscuits and gravy were some of the best I've had in the Northeast. They have an automatic pancake maker, which was novel, although I would have liked my pancakes a little more well-done.

From the outside the Inn looks inviting, but the courtyard could use some help and the parking lot needs to be repaved soon.

We enjoyed our stay and will be back. It's such a nice place and with a few tweaks, it could be a really nice place.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BCManagement, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites - Nashua, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We truly appreciate the comments and we take all of your recommendations seriously. We always love hearing what our guests have to say. We appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon!