All reviews granola bars grab and go front desk room was clean oatmeal longer period of time full size refrigerator air condition cigarette smell place to sleep great rate basic hotel two burner stove hotel is great light sleeper large bathroom visiting family
Reviewed 6 June 2016

This review is relative other ESA hotels that I have stayed at.

This is a standard ESA with the minor exception that it was all built in one long line instead of the more common "L" shape. The floor plans of the rooms are ESA standard, also. There is standard ESA WiFi available, with multiple access points (more on that later in the review). There is a little stove, a fridge and cabinet space as usual. Also usual is the bathroom that is actually big enough to accommodate wide bodied people.

Now for the particulars:
The staff is very nice and attentive, but I have to question the decisions that management and/or ownership chose to spend the money generated by this hotel.

My room was clean enough, but it smelled a little mildewy, possibly because they keep the A/C off in unoccupied rooms and it was about 90 degrees outside. For a metric, all the other ESA hotels I have stayed at kept the A/C on even if unoccupied. (I can tell you there is nothing sweeter than walking into an air-conditioned room after being in 90 degree - 100% humidity air - and nothing worse than finding the room is hotter than the air outside!) The poor A/C took all night just to bring the temp down, and I suspect the only reason it did was because the temps outside dropped into the seventies overnight. However, once it was able to bring the temp down, it was able to maintain it quite easily.

The counter top had burn marks and actually peeled in places from the intense heat it must have been subjected to. Possibly related was the microwave that had burn marks inside and smelled like burnt plastic. The fridge door was so misaligned that you could see into the fridge even when the door was closed. However, the fridge was fixed and the microwave promptly replaced. I guess the question is: Why would they rent a room out that was in such poor shape?

The WiFi is terrible. Beyond terrible. It's unusable. And I'm talking about after paying for the "high-speed" option. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because Innflux is taking care of the Wifi, and not GOESH? Maybe they are one and the same, but it seems that I never had trouble with GOESH, while all my experiences with Innflux have been... less than positive. Anyway, when I first got here, the WiFi was a disaster. it seemed to be misconfigured because sometimes the network would just "disappear". i don't mean the access points - they were always functioning and my WiFi was always connected to one of them. I mean, suddenly I would have no IP address! This happened several times an hour and for the entire first week I stayed there. Finally, after a week of this, Innflux seemed to get it right enough that I no longer became disconnected from the network. They must have reconfigured the network at least three times, judging from the different IP segments I was seeing in my IP addresses. There still seems to be something wrong though - seven hops before I even get out of their network??? Anyway, it's pure speculation, but maybe this was a failed attempt at offering more bandwidth at the hotel. Maybe they had to put it back the way it was. Now it is just ultra-poor with throughput measured in KILObits per second, not MEGAbits. (And I'll remind you that I have the "high-speed" option.) Unless you're up at 2am when everyone else is sleeping. Then, sometimes I get the customary ~3Mbps customarily offered by ESA high speed WiFi.

Which brings me to my next point, which - thankfully - is a positive one. The place is quiet compered to some places I've been so I can get a good night's rest. There are no weekend partiers and I don't see cars coming and going at all times of the night, suggesting that it is a safe place. No drunk people wandering around shouting at 3 in the morning, stuff like that. However, the side access door seemed like it was forced - some time ago. It's still doesn't close right unless you slam it shut.

The elevator works fine (and permits are in order. I've seen ESA elevators YEARS out of date with the elevator permits, and that scares me.)

So I guess the bottom line is that the place is a bit shabby and the staff overcompensates because of it. I'm still staying here, however, because, while shabby, it's clean and does the job. And the staff is awesome.

Date of stay: June 2016
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the Wi-Fi is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am happy to let you know that our service provider has replaced our wireless modem and control box to make sure your experience is not repeated. Additionally, we are making sure that our in-room AC units are turned on so that our rooms will be cooler when guests check into their rooms. Still, I am glad to read that our staff provided you with exceptional customer service. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I stayed one night recently for an early morning business meeting in the area. I had a company budget to stay under and this location met that. I actually had a hard time finding an acceptable choice in the immediate area that met the budget and had decent reviews -- I refuse to stay at a place that reports bed bugs -- yuck! This place did not have any such reviews and I'm happy to report it was clean! It is set up for extended stay - hence the name....I was looking forward to having the kitchen to put water and soda in the refrigerator and having ice at my disposal....I was disappointed to find 2 empty ice trays in the freezer! Because it was a business stay there are a few items I want in my hotel rooms -- ironing board and iron, which they were there...but their website doesn't say and I had to search older reviews to find that information! There was no luggage rack/holder, but enough table tops to put the suitcase on -- no luggage on the floor!! And the closet had a few plastic coat hangers but none with clips for pants.........little things, more annoyances than anything else. I'm happy it was clean, and overall satisfied with the stay. The front desk employees were courteous and professional.

Room tip: Rooms are not well insulated from each other, so if quietness is important, be sure to ask for a room with no one on either side of you!
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MBRECED
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. In response to your feedback, I will work with our front desk staff to make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals. Still, I am glad to read that you had a positive stay overall and enjoyed our reasonable rates. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

It was wonderful. For the price it was a value. We could cook, smoke and open windows if the weather permitted. The internet was not spotty and worked well. The Staff was great! There is a lot of things to do nearby and easy to drive in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. It’s great to read that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations as well as our friendly customer service. I’m thrilled that you found our hotel to be a good value! Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

All of the staff I encountered were incredibly helpful and friendly. I encountered several problems during my stay that had nothing to do with the hotel but which the staff tried in any reasonable way they could to help me with.

I only stayed for a few nights so didn't use the rooms to their full extent (kitchen and appliances) but everything appeared to be in good order.

The only genuine complaint I have is that the Grab & Go breakfast is very limited. You essentially have an option of 2 prepackaged muffins and 3 types of granola bar. In the grand scheme of things though this is minor as I believe most people staying here probably are bringing their own food.

It would have been nice to have an option for shower gel as opposed to soap but this is a minor thing. Again most people are probably staying for a longer period and are buying their own toiletries.

The hotel is a short 5-10 minute walk to several shops, bars and restaurants for those who would like to go car free. Although there are no sidewalks. In the summer I'm sure this is not a problem though in the winter it does mean you need to walk on the road. Fortunately the hotels location is in a quiet area with little traffic.

Overall I wasn't exactly the type of customer that the hotel is geared for. But I never felt like I had made a mistake with the booking. I would definitely book this hotel if I am back in the area and would certainly consider other ESA hotels should they be available in other places I travel to!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review of our property. I’m so pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations! I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our accommodating staff and convenient location. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

Let me begin by saying I was going to rate this ESA Nashua 1 star after the first night...but it got better.
Several previous posts about the elevator are true. 1st morning on the 3rd floor waiting forever for the elevator to come. Never did until a woman told me it was broken. Carried all my stuff downstairs. No notice posted at all. Came back that night...still out of service and had to carry all my stuff up 6 flights of stairs.
Ugh
Hallways smell like smoke but my room smelled clean. It was cold out and the bed only had a thin blanket Shower couldn't keep a constant temperature...either scalding or frigid.
Room was clean and the flatscreen tv was good. No daily made service!
In the lobby there is coffee and granola bars in the morning. Also oatmeal which was good. Only creamer was sweetened. I'd recommend an unsweetened option.
One guy in the lobby had a carton of half and half and was giving it out to everyone for their coffee.
Staff was very friendly.
Bottom line. This is not a business hotel. It is a budget place for people who stay for longer periods of time and want a little kitchenette.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashua - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will make sure we are implementing deep cleaning procedures as well as clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals. I will also make sure we are responding to maintenance issues in a timely manner. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.