“Great service with excellent seafood and moderate prices”

Lobster Boat Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Merrimack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have had lunch at this family friendly restaurant several times with a friend. Seniors get a discount on the lunch menu, and they serve PLENTY of food. Wait staff is very friendly and helpful, attentive but not intrusive. My favorite meal is the lobster roll special. Start with chowder, then your lobster roll comes with French fries and coleslaw. Upon occasion I have split a dessert with my friend. And...without asking they split the desserts up on two plates. I thought that was very nice - didn't even have to ask! Great food in a relaxing atmosphere.

TheLobsterBoat, Owner at Lobster Boat Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

RetiredBW2018, thank you for the kind review! Our lobster roll is one of the most popular items on the menu. As you may know we do our very best to offer a fresh and delicious meal to every patron. How kind of you to mention the friendly, attentive and helpful staff. We have been working together for decades and it is truly our pleasure to serve. I will be sure everyone hears of your review. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This is a great seafood restaurant where all the locals go. Nothing fancy but GREAT seafood. Lots of seafood options including baked dishes, fried options , steamed , etc. Recommend one of the lobster baked dishes or the swordfish. One of the best seafood restaurants in this area.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Small restaurant that many locals enjoy. Prices are reasonable. Friendly staff.
Lobster, chowders, clams, haddock, etc. Wine and beer only. No bar or cocktails.
Parking in front is small and limited but there is plenty of parking across the street at
other business areas. Family friendly.

Audrey S, remember the ole' saying "great things come in small packages"? We do our very best to make that happen with every meal we serve. I and the staff appreciate your kind words and that you took the time to share your sentiments. We all look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Over the years this place has been numerous businesses. It was first a gas station. But later (from memory) it was a barber shop (got my haircut here before I headed off to Vietnam) and a donut shop. Not sure what else it might have been, but I am pretty sure that “lobster boat” has lasted the longest, and for good reason it serves good seafood.
We visited on a Friday evening so parking was an issue. But we did get seated right away. Service was outstanding. We had fish chowder which we loved. We shared a fisherman’s platter (large). The two of us could not finish it. Yes it was fried food and we could have eaten healthier but it was so good. The place is not large but it is worth a visit.

TheLobsterBoat, General Manager at Lobster Boat Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear USMCRip, first off -let us thank you for your service to our Country! It was our pleasure to serve you. :-) Thank you for the kind review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

My family and I arrived around 6ish on a Sunday evening and the place was hopping! The lobster was terrific, for my party had not only the lazy lobster, but also a lobster that needed to be taken apart. What impressed us the most was that the server was not satisfied with the look of the onion rings and returned them. She came back with delicious crunchy onion rings. The server treated us like we deserved the best and both the server and the food were the best!

TheLobsterBoat, General Manager at Lobster Boat Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Carol, thank you for the wonderful review! We feel our staff is truly the best and it is so nice when customers recognize this. It is our goal to serve only the freshest and finest in order to make your time with us a wonderful experience. We look forward to your next visit.