All reviews fire pit tennis frame denise pedalos microwave accommodation house boats dock guests history lake wedding
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in a 2 bedroomed apartment which had a lovely lounge seating area. Let's start with a few comments. The apartment itself was amazing. I have to admit it wasn't 5 star hotel style accommodation....some of the finishes were worn or dated, there were no real cooking facilities (just a microwave) and not enough plates / cutlery etc to do our own catering BUT, and it's a huge but, the setting, the peacefulness, the location, the tranquility, the activities and most of all Denise absolutely made this the best place I've stayed.....EVER!

Denise met us on arrival, and gave us a tour of all the accommodations including the history of the property before showing us our accommodation. Rustic, but beautiful. A 10 minute drive to picturesque Meredith with ample shops and restaurants. Denise was so enthusiastic and a real credit, we loved her (and her dog). The weather for October was stunning and the fall colours amazing. Sited right on the lake shore, there are canoes, pedalos, etc for guest use. Denise offered to set up fire pits and BBQ facilities if required. Everything we needed and nothing was too much trouble.

I we had 1 suggestion it would be to put a mini kitchen along the back wall of the apartment, think there would be plenty room for a small worktop, cooker and provision of crockery and cutlery to encourage eating in, as we just loved being out there.

In summary, we would go back in a flash. It was the best accommodation of our holiday, the setting perfect, Denise fab and we even had the best weather. Next time, we want to try the A-Frame........I don't think life could get better.

THANK YOU for an amazing few days.

John, Paul, Margaret and Lynda.
X

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

When we arrived I felt a bit daunted....not our usual hotel outlook but it was really fun.
We were greeted warmly and invited to tour some of the other accommodation too. Really interesting and loads of history. A really different place to stay.
The accommodation was clean and well equipped. Just wish we had creamer for our coffee in the morning. With a one night stay between hotels we didn’t think to buy some.
Sat by the lake and made a campfire.
Definitely worth a visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I went to a wedding this weekend at Oliver Lodge. The grounds are nice and there is a ton for guest in your group to do there for entertainment. Boats, tennis, swimming, etc....What stood out the most however, was the service. I was there to photograph the wedding and Denise made sure all of my needs were met. She took me by boat back and fourth to the private island house where the bride was getting ready. She didn't just boat me over though, she explained the entire history of the area as we made these little trips. She was a trooper and did all of this with enthusiasm. Service is hard to get these days but she and her husband Dan, nailed it!

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I booked a reservation (for Sept) with a 3rd party travel service and received a confirmation number and was all set to go. Them the Oliver Lodge cancelled me and left me stranded.. shame on them... the blamed it on the third party provider. Perhaps they got a better price from a group.. I do not know, but please beware.. if you get a confirmation number it does not mean they will honor it!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ceebergertravels
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We were blown away by the beauty of this place.! The rooms, the staff, the scenery and the possibilities for recreational activities on the water, was sensational.
Too hard to describe - go see for yourself.! :-)

Stayed: May 2017
Management response:Responded 29 May 2017

Dear Fantastic, Thank you for taking the time to comment. We belived the One who "painted that scenery" also appointed that staff to ensure Guests can truly relax, recharge and be re-inspired for life. We hope we have the privilege of hosting you and your family, again. Thank you again, General Manager