“Yummo Mexican ”

El Rincon Zacatecano Taqueria
Ranked #15 of 441 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Pre concert stop in. Didn’t have too much time. Service was fast and food was amazing. Nothing too heavy. All fresh ingredients. Good portion sizes. Seasoning of the dishes was perfect. Nothing too salty or overdone. Loved the corn tortillas! Guacamole had a lot of cilantro- homemade and fresh. Definitely be back if in the area

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

The family really enjoy the meal..cheap price ...very good food...parking around..High score from Montréal

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I’m from New Mexico. I KNOW chile. I know guacamole. I KNOW Mexican food. And I’m picky, critical and not easily satisfied.
My friends, John & Karen have been raving about this place for a couple years now. They know Mexican food too, so I finally got an opportunity to try it.
It’s a small,plain,border-cafe style.
I wasn’t there for the decor.
The tostadas(chips to gringos) were warm. First good sign. The salsa was ranchera style,
tomato-y, loaded with garlic and relatively mild. Which was good, I don’t like to burn out my taste buds before my meal.
I had a heaping bowl of homemade guacamole and it was delicious! Freshly made, chunky and spicy, with more warm tostadas. Heaven.
Chicken enchiladas with red chile.
Few so-called Mexican restaurants can master this simple dish. Perfectly served with refritos and arroz. The truest test is red chile sauce. Green is great but red is like fine wine...complex, seductive in its simplicity and elegance. This red was very good. Muy authentico. Not overly seasoned and no tomatoes, thank you. The actual flavor of the dried red chile pods was fully present and gently urged to the forefront of the palette with hints of, perhaps, coriander, cumin, garlic. The delicious and essential slightest bitterness was retained in the chile flavor. It was a respectable heat, just enough bite for attentive consideration.! This musta been Abuela’s recipe! The beans were smooth, flavorful and sprinkled with either asadero cheese or cojito. Yep, really...again, authentic, not the usual oceanic globs of Montery jack one finds in those Tex-Mex joints(which I avoid!) Good flavor but I prefer a bit more coarse texture. The rice was as expected, nothing special.
Unfortunately, Mary, the owner was out but from the stories I’ve heard from John & Karen, she’s the type of person you really ought to ask for to introduce yourself to.
I’ll be back next time I’m in Manchester.But until then, explorations continue in the Land of Enchantment.
(In case you were wondering, “Muy padre” is an expression of enthusiastic endorsement in some Spanish speaking countries.)

Date of visit: August 2018
4  Thank barrioonwheels
Reviewed 5 August 2018

The Mexican food I had here was the best I have ever tasted. The restaurant was small with somewhat tacky decorations, but the service was good and the food outstanding. I had an enchilada, which I really enjoyed. We talked with the couple at the neighboring table-one of them had a burrito which really looked nice. It was twice the size you might expect.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

This is my all time favorite Mexican Restaurant!! I love this place. I have eaten here numerous times 8+ and counting.. I have tried all kinds of things from Shrimp Tacos to Fajitas to Enchiladas and Rancheros.. the El Rincon Nachos are amazing.. HORCHATA-Traditional sweetened Mexican rice water is awesome by itself and then I've added a shot of Rum and it is perfect.. No matter what you order, you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2018