“AMAZING B&B EXPERIENCE!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Manchester B&B and Inns
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“AMAZING B&B EXPERIENCE!!”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We spent a week at the Ash Street Inn during February and we cannot say enough great things about the service, the room, the food, and the hospitality that we received while there. Eric is an amazing innkeeper and gave us great advice, directions and recommendations every day of our trip! The decor is gorgeous, the atmosphere was inviting and every comfort of home was provided. The B&B has a perfect central location in Manchester and is minutes (walking or riding) from EVERYTHING. The Ash St Inn is perfect for business travelers looking for a great alternative to a noisy hotel, perfect for couples looking for a romantic weekend and would also serve as a good option for families or friends passing through that want a more personal experience.

Room Tip: We loved room number 205, gorgeous decor, very quiet, comfy bed, and lots of great space!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tabi2203

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
MA
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. The inn is exquisitely decorated and maintained. The rooms are small but beautiful, with comfortable beds and great amenities. Breakfast was cooked to order and was good. There were also cereal, yogurt, coffee and tea choices. The inn is located close to downtown and within walking distance of the Currier Museum.
We found the owners/managers to be efficient but not overly friendly. They pointed us to menus rather than sharing their opinion (or previous guests' opinions) of local restaurant. On our last morning (Sunday), one guest came into the dining room about 10 minutes after 10 AM, apologizing profusely for being late for breakfast. The owner reminded him that breakfast ended at 10 AM - no apology, no offer to make an exception, no softening of the statement by pointing out the cereals/yogurts, etc. I found it to be rather cold.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PattieB
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Warm welcomes from Eric and his wife. A true family business, and passion for their craft. The house is meticulously maintained, the rooms are cozy, and well appointed. The bathrooms were period appropriate. Breakfast was a highlight, prepared by Eric himself. A treat to talk to and share in his culinary delights. A significant step up from the run of the mill accommodations in manchester. This is an experience worth repeating

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gary L
connecticut
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I went up to Manchester, NH for a relaxing weekend away. We decided on the Ash Street Inn after reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor. I must say, it was wonderful. Eric is so nice, always ready to help out with ideas for things to do and places to eat. His breakfasts were delicious! Love those blueberry pancakes.

The Inn itself is beautiful and retains most of its architectural charm. We stayed in Room 203, a room with a fireplace on the first floor. We loved relaxing in the room, watching TV or reading a book in front of the cozy fire. The bathroom was huge. The room and the bathroom, as well as all public areas of the Inn, were spotless.

While you are there, be sure to plan a visit to the Currier Museum. It is a short, two block walk from the Inn and was well worth a visit. Also, if you are looking for a very nice restaurant, don't miss Cotton. It was absolutely delicious, and the service was wonderful. Also, a short 30 minute drive from the Inn is the Jewell Towne Vineyard. They had a wine tasting that we attended and we were pleasantly surprised at how knowledgable and friendly the staff were. We brought home several nice bottles.

If we ever have a reason to return to Manchester, we would not stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a fireplace, pick 203. The bathroom was much larger than the bathroom in th...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wjsmks
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The Inn is a wonderful renovated Victorian, well maintained, spotless and charmingly decorated. My room was large and well furnished, with a remote control "coal fireplace" that was terrific in February. Eric met me at the door, showed me around, and then let me make the place my own. There was coffee (K-cups!), tea, soft drinks and bottled water at my disposal in an easily accessible dining room. Eric is a terrific baker, and his absolutely incomparable mini scones were laid out for his guests' pleasure (you've got to try the apricot/white chocolate!!!). Early check-in was no problem, and I spent the day in my room doing an intensive study for a gateway exam. My first-floor room was quiet and the neighborhood was quiet, even during the day. No expense has been spared with the Inn's linens and bathroom products (I really wanted to take that terry-lined bathrobe home). At Eric's suggestion, I had a fantastic dinner at a nearby restaurant called Cotton. I slept soundly that night in a truly comfortable bed. And breakfast the next morning (in the dining room - or you could take it to your room) was such a pleasure. All in all, I was sorry I only had one day/night there. The Ash Street Inn makes Manchester, NH a place I would like to visit again. (btw: I passed the exam with flying colors - thanks, Ash Street Inn!).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo