“Top of the World”
other travellers have booked this property
Edelweiss village entrance
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Edelweiss village entrance
Here's the million dollar view
5 person spa hot tub
Kitchen table for games and family dinners. Seats 8-10
Upstairs living room with Tv and wood burning fireplace
3/4 bath downstairs
First floor deck
Girls bunkhouse. Queen and Full and twin beds!
New fire pit area
Million dollar view
fenced in playground near beach
A winter wonderland. 15 mins to king pine 30 mins to attitash and cranmore
Spring and summer is wonderful here! Our front yard is a bocce / horseshoe court to enjoy!
Double decks for shaded and sun areas
Downstairs family room wood burning stove, new floor !
Down stairs bedroom
Down stairs bedroom both bedrooms have small TVs, alarm clocks and bureaus
Washer and dryer
Our new sports bar! Comes with a flat screen TV
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Stunning views from deck, easy access to local ponds, lakes, amenities etc. Great rental for families, plenty of beds and space. Owner very responsive and helpful with booking.

16 Aug 2017
Thankyou. We hope you come again
Emdave
New York City
“A wonderful choice to enjoy both the house itself, and great access to all that the area has to offer.”
Reviewed 28 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I could just say... just read all the other reviews. That would say it all. But...I will say a few words.
First, a word about Janice, the owner. She is the type of person who is clearly very invested in seeing that your stay goes smoothly. She answered all of my many questions, no matter how trite they might have been, even after I had committed to the rental, very quickly, often within minutes, and was extremely helpful.
though there are a lot of rentals in the area, I chose this particular house because it was close to the place where my family was having a memorial gathering for my brother who died last summer, and who had been coming to this area for over 30 years.
And, I wanted those who stayed with us to have plenty of room to both share space, and get some privacy when needed, and be in a beautiful spot..
Although the house can accommodate many more, there were just 5 of us sleeping there, but the size and amenities of the house allowed us to host a fun-filled casual dinner with the son and daughter of my brother, as well as a couple of their friends joining us.
With the fabulous hot-tub, amazing views of the mountains, and the fire pit, it enabled all of us to have a wonderful time the night before what was going to be a more emotionally charged (though fun) event the next day. Everyone had a great time at the house, and there was a lot of laughter.. For geographical reasons we are seldom all under the same roof at the same time. My brother would have been so happy about us all being together, having such a good time.
Given that this was summer, the location at the top of the hill might be tricky to access in the winter, but it did not affect us at all, other than, if you wanted to take a walk around the community, it meant going down ( and back up) the hill leading to the house. Not a detriment if you are in good shape, which I, sadly, am not! In the same vein, as mentioned in many reviews, given that the house is on three levels, there are a lot of stairs to climb, so this house is not suitable for someone for whom this would present a problem. . It was perfectly fine for us, and it had the advantage of all of us having our own space when wanted, although we all tended to gravitate to the second level, the kitchen level with it's large comfortable living room, and access to the deck with the hot tub. ( the first floor has a bar with small fridge, and living room space as well, but it is the second level that is best for group togetherness.)
Be aware that cell phone service may be spotty, generally better in the evening for some reason ( we have Verizon), and I think is better at the bottom of the hill and outside of the community. Pretty typical of mountain locations.
There is a landline phone in the house, but my rapidly aging brain couldn't figure out how to use it. I know that Janice would have helped with that, but I didn't ask. Internet, for the most part, was fine.
The location of the house was perfect- not far from all the natural wonders of the area, including the Kancamagus Highway, and close enough to North Conway, with its many restaurants and shops. Janice was able to suggest a small, very casual bar/ pub very close to the house....very funky..... friendly....reasonably priced, and decent food- perfect for weary travelers who do not want to cook or go far for a meal, and there is a small market which opens early, nearby for many staple items, including sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, deli provisions, and a lot of other basic items, though not fresh meats or vegetables.There are plenty of more major grocery stores not too far away in North Conway. Given that our drive to get there was just 5 hours, we had brought the bare-bones makings of breakfast, and one dinner, in case we did not feel like shopping right away.
I would rent this house again in a minute, if I needed a house to accommodate a larger group than just my husband and myself.
Thanks Janice, and thanks to all the reviewers who made this house seem so appealing, yet were honest about what might be limitations for certain people. I generally will never rent a house that does not have a lot of positive reviews, and this one lived up to my expectations and more.

16 Aug 2017
Thankyou for your review! It was a pleasure to help you! Hope to see all of you again
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Thank you for sharing your spacious home with us. Our four softball families made memories to last a lifetime. There was plenty of room for us to be comfortable. Even the heavy rains couldn't dampen our fun. Having multiple gathering areas allowed the kids and adults to have their own spaces for entertainment. The kids loved the jacuzzi once we got it running properly (thanks for leaving the number for Atlantic). A small suggestion would be to let guests know that recyclables will need to be sorted at the dump so they allow time. The view is absolutely breathtaking and yes, guests must climb to the summit! Thank you for sharing your little piece of paradise! We will definitely come back if our tournament schedule brings us your way again.

17 Jul 2017
Our pleasure! Yes the dump has just began the recycling protocols. We will add to the informational book
A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing views, comfortable house with plenty of space, responsive owner”
Reviewed 7 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I booked this Chalet for a hiking weekend in May 2017 for a group of about 10. The house has amazing views of Mt. Chocorua from the deck, much better than the pictures show, in addition:

-- Responsive and supportive owner, she did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable
-- Flexible check in and check out times
-- Amazing views from the deck, we spent most of our time sitting out there
-- Nice sitting area with a fire pit in front of the driveway overlooking the mountains
-- The hot tub looks new and clean although we were too lazy to use it
-- Plenty of beds/couches for places to sleep
-- Working grill on the back porch
-- Nice fenced-in area for pets to run and play, although we did not bring a pet
-- Multiple TVs
-- Nintendo 64 with NFL Blitz -- which turns out is one of the funnest games ever created

The only drawback for our trip were ticks, but that seems to be a problem everywhere this year.

We could not have been happier with our choice to stay at this chalet at the top of the world!

15 Jun 2017
Thankyou so much. Come again. The second floor is under construction now !!!
Traci C
Sandown, New Hampshire
“2nd Visit to this amazing chalet!”
Reviewed 22 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Our family Christmas Vacation was held again at the top of the world chalet. This year on top of my three kids, my nephew and their significant others we added our grandbaby and my Mom! It is just such a great place! There was a bed for all! We spent every night around the large table playing games, laughing and making more memories! We enjoyed the hot tub and a nice fire. We shopped at the outlets and went to dinner out one night. We will see you next year Janice!!!! Thank you for your hospitality.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing