All reviews owners and staff checking out off season free wifi trailer seasonal campers woody summer hiking roomy
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Had to pause and give some thought to posting a review.
Cause its a lot easier to just let things slide rather than pass along a negative vibe.

To start.
I would never stay at Crazy Horse again.

Here is a quick run down on why.
Sites are slammed together so close that no privacy is all all realistic and should not be expected.
Sites are slammed so close together that all share in the cacophony. To elaborate. After having hiked the Kinsmans I returned only to find my neighbor, with a leaf blower screaming, cleaning out his site. All good. But an hour later the noise was still deafening. No peace, and definitely no quiet. Guess I wonder: to what effect??? ya cant clean dirt or pine cones, can you?

Then.
Around about 5'ish, the Raven's started. Not a the mysterious calls of loons. Nope. Call and response from our black flying rat friends for at least an hour.

And then when the sun went down the party began. Not insignificant. Shrieking voices, echoing throughout, and not issuing from neighbors, but from the alleyways of
the park. Plus the thhumping bass sounds from sound systems.

And
No grill provided for the firepit.
The picnic table rotted out and discouraging a sit down and spread out of the daily paper.
My distance to a bathroom a 5 minute walk.

Worse.
Aggressively confronted, by a red faced, staff member in a golf cart -- he caught up to me -- for driving over the 5 MPH speed limit. An awful encounter. With the staff response well escalated beyond the necessary.

Again.
Never again.
Unless you dig a tight knit, neighborly experience while in the woods, a whole lotta noise while in the woods, or a warden running a red cart aggressively telling you otherwise.

Awful

Me going 10, admittedly. Is it possible to actually drive a vehicle 5 Mph

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This wasn't my first choice when I reserved, my first choice was booked, I shopped around and felt i was settling on crazy horse. Don't you just love it when something works out better than you planned? That's what happened!! This campground is the best I have ever stayed at!! We have never done a seasonal because we like checking out different places and honestly we haven't felt that attached to any place that we wanted to call home for a summer... till now. We are thinking of being seasonal at crazy horse because... it is clean, spacious, friendly people, tons of activities for all ages, after just a couple hours there, we felt like family. Awesome place, can't say enough about the experience we had there, can't wait to return!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank vermontgirl2015
Reviewed 7 July 2018

We have no complaints about the campground itself, its the pricing! We will NEVER come back here! We feel bad that its this way because we camp with my family and this would be a central campground for all of us to meet but the rates are ridiculous!!!!! They charge a rate for the site and then charge EXTRA for each person!!! We have been to many campgrounds and NOT ONE charges as much as crazy horse! For this reason we will never come back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We are in our RV full time and love coming across nice campgrounds. We stayed at Crazy Horse over Father’s Day weekend and were surprised at the activities this camp offered. Father’s Day breakfast, arts and crafts, tractor pull. Campsite is well maintained.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank paltuna
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We have stayed in a handful of campgrounds around New England since we began RV’ing in the last few years. Hands down this is the best. The owners and staff are very helpful and friendly. The grounds are impeccable. It is a great mix of forested Northern New England with easy access to many attractions and landmarks.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family