“Great coleslaw.”

Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Littleton
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: We offer a variety of dishes with a south american flair. The brazilian influence is proeminant and friday's and saturday's night we offer a brazilian barbeque, served table side with a great variety of meats to choose from as well as hot side dishes and salads. We have been named in the top 5 best burgers in the state 3 years in a row and are proud to serve fresh hand formed burgers with the most creative and fresh toppings available. Our mexican fare is also very popular and flavorfull, chimichangas, enchiladas, toastadas,... All are great options on the menu. Also available year round direct from the coast of maine, our seafood is delivered 5 days a week. With so much to choose from. This should definately be your next stop for lunch or dinner.
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Came in for a late lunch based on a locals recommendation. My husband enjoyed his enchilada. The fried shrimp lunch special was great - light battering and good tarter sauce. I wish I had asked for double coleslaw instead of the fries that came with it. Fries were fine but I really liked the apple cranberry coleslaw.

Afterwards we hung out in the bar area watching basketball and chatting with a couple fits, who recommended a candy shop a block away with the worlds longest candy bar.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Treated my daughter to lunch after her return from college - her favorite entre is the Camilla Burger...a "HUGE" steak-burger requiring it's own special wrapper to keep all the ingredients contained - always a favorite with my daughter. I ordered the Swiss Alp burger with sweet potato fries - all cooked to perfection, served in a relaxed atmosphere by attentive staff. Love the décor of the old train station and the welcoming you receive when you walk in the door.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Little Grille at the Depot is housed in a former railroad station house. The decor is rustic. What was once the platform is now walled off as semi-interior space - protected from the elements but a bit cold despite a fireplace and space heater there - this on the coldest night this year. Food selectoin is eclectic, with a fun slant towards Brazilian (cook’s connection?) On Friday and Saturday, they offer Rodizio (Brazillion all-you-can-eat meat fest!). But we were there on Sunday, Valentine's Day, and they had a $40-for-two special including one drink each. We had the Brazilian Chicken Stroganoff, a strangely satisfying concoction like chicken and creamed corn on rice - topped with friend potato sticks that added texture to the creamy rice. The Brazilian Burger is a mountain of steak chunks (can order with chicken) with bacon and egg! Another winner. The Surf and Turf was less successful on the Surf-side. The shrimp did not look like "native Maine shrimp” battered-fried. Steaks were generally well seasoned and properly grilled. When the service got slow, the waitress brought over baskets of chips and salsa. Those went well with the good margarita. The Little Grille offers great value, good service, and some unexpected dishes to keep things interested.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Looking for a new place to eat in Littleton, my wife and I decided to try the Little Grille. The entrance isn't obvious - it's tucked back a bit on the right side of the building next to the railroad tracks. Walk past the re-purposed RR Crossing signal and you've found it. The building is a somewhat refurbished train station.

Our visit didn't start off on the best note, as no one was tending the greeting station and we didn't know if we should seat ourselves, but after a couple of minutes someone spotted us and we were seated. You can eat either in the bar or dining area. We opted for the dining area because of the large windows and interesting old railroad pictures adorning the walls.

For our lunches, my wife went with the fish and chips and I opted for the fried shrimp. Both came with fries and coleslaw. I was surprised by the number of shrimp that came with my order...it was a very large and fair portion, as was my wife's haddock. All the seafood had been perfectly fried and was surprisingly fresh. The coleslaw was a bit different, made with cranberries and apples, and we both thought it was very good and a nice take-off on traditional slaw. A pet peeve of mine is when a restaurant fills your plate with so many fries you a) couldn't eat that many if you had all day, and b) can't find your main dish. Not the case here - the fries, coleslaw, and seafood were in perfect proportion - and the fries were actually some of the best I've had in a while... crispy outside, but just the right texture inside.

All in all, we both got good meals and plenty of food at a very fair price.

I had to mark down the Little Grille for a couple of things. First, our seafood didn't come with a lemon to squeeze over it, nor was vinegar offered. I thought both of these were pretty standard items to serve with fried seafood, but apparently not in northern New Hampshire. You have to ask. Second, our server never mentioned the lunch specials, which were not listed on our menus or on a sign out front. In fact, it wasn't until I overheard a different server listing the specials for her table that I even knew any specials were being offered (and I would have opted for one of them had we been told). The couple in the booth next to us actually voiced the same thing, so I know I didn't imagine it. Finally, the interior décor could use some updating. Yeah, I know, it's an old train station and that's part of what they're going for, but even a brighter paint scheme (as opposed to the dark yellow in the dining area and orange-ish color in the bar) would go a long way.

But ultimately, the food's the thing and we had no complaints there, so if the Little Grille is still around the next time we're in the Littleton area, we'll probably go back, even if it is a bit dive-y.

1  Thank GreenMountainBoy1957
Reviewed 15 February 2016

We were in town visiting some friends and we went out to the Little Grille at the Depot. For the most part, we all had different types of entrée, and the food was very average. The service was slightly below average because we had to ask several times about getting drinks and various condiments.

In was interesting to have dinner in an old train station….

1  Thank The-swindy