“excellent food in a lovely atmosphere”
Review of Tim-Bir Alley

Tim-Bir Alley
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on 7 Main St in the heart on Littleton is a Farm to table restaurant with a casual to upscale feeling. All the food is prepared by the Chef/Owner. Val Fortin. Local Beer and wine. Friendly outgoing service by his Wife Nancy also an owner.
Reviewed 7 November 2018

The food was delicious, wth local products. The wine list was really nice and the ambience was intimate.

Date of visit: December 2017
val f, Owner at Tim-Bir Alley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Thanks for the kind words. We are trying very hard,, Please come back again. Val and Nancy

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Excellent food & service, warm & friendly hospitality (you don't find that everywhere!). Will definitely return & recommend. Intimate in size, reservations are key. Huge kudos to Chef Val & his lovely wife, Nancy - they take very good care of their guests.

Date of visit: November 2018
val f, Owner at Tim-Bir Alley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thanks B and L. We are trying very hard.. We have a couple we can only imagine to be as great as.. Val and Nancy

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We've had the pleasure of visiting many fine dining establishments in the US and Europe. The fantastic meal we enjoyed at Tim-Bir Alley 3 weeks ago ranks in the top 5, and we're still talking about it.
The potato and kale soup, the juicy and tender steak, the succulent pork belly with gnocci, and the roasted vegetables that came with both meals were all cooked to perfection and brightly flavored. We ordered the homemade donut with spiced cider for dessert and that too was delicious. Very light, and with just the right sweetness.
We are glad we were able to get a table during our short stay in the area. It was a highlight of our New Hampshire vacation.

Date of visit: October 2018
val f, Owner at Tim-Bir Alley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Thanks for your review. We try very hard to please our guests. Not everyone gets what we are trying to do. You do! Val and Nancy

Reviewed 28 October 2018

not up to reputation. Chef was in a mood and all food was really good but not great. Except the killer chocolate dessert.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thanks for your input, but how can you detect what MOOD! I may be in. We get very busy and my MOOD to you may be my FOCUS on the dining room and what is going on in the kitchen etc. I love what I do and try very hard and work long hours as any one in the hospitality industry knows.. Our reputation is great and a matter of opinion. I am sorry your experience was only better than average, and not an excellent. We do try to give everyone the best possible experience. Thanks Val

Reviewed 23 October 2018

I'm sad to say that this restaurant, under new owners, is not what it was. The owners are hard working and very sincere. The food was mixed. We had 2 types of bread - one was just out of the oven and delicious; the other was cold and stale (to say nothing about a human hair on one of the pieces). The fish my husband ordered was overcooked and tough. The pork I ordered was OK; dry though the sauce was good.

The experience was overall uncomfortable as we were the only people in the restaurant and our conversation was being listened to by the owner and her sister (both nice people but ...). We tried to get a reservation for 6pm and were told they were full so we went early. Oddly no one showed up at 6pm nor by the time we left at 6:30. The chef paced in front of the front door looking nervous wanting the door to be open despite the very loud traffic outside (harleys). The owners are simply out of their league for a fine dining establishment.

Date of visit: October 2018

I'm sorry your experience was less than adequate. We strive very hard to give patrons a great experience. As far as the servers, they are stationed in the dining room to assist and be there for the guest if needed, and I would say they are not ease dropping in a conversation. I also try my best to give the guest the perfect meal. It is clear this did not happen for you. I can say I check every plate going out of the kitchen. It is always best to return the dish to the kitchen once there is an issue. This way we can resolve the issue. There is always a lull in busy evenings. sometimes tables show up late and early, We were busy that evening and most guests call to late and cannot get the times they wish for and get upset. I go to the door at times to make sure it is closed because we do turn the heat up often to get the chill off in the room at the guests requests and it gets expensive when the door is left open. As far as being out of my league I have many years experience and the reviews from my previous position at the Sugar Hill Inn, Mt Washington Hotel and this restaurant will favor great to excellent. I do take all reviews seriously and I will take this one that way as well. Our breads are made fresh daily, and my wife has been asked by guests if it was possible to purchase the bread. We do try to mix the flavors and some guests do not like the out of the box flavors. All in all I think 99 percent of our guests have a great experience. Thanks for your input. Val