All reviews black diamond gondola ride ski lockers slope side steam room covered parking ski resort breakfast buffet hot tub zip line groupon deal studio room ski season king bed full kitchen fitness center small balcony
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We got moved to this “club” after our hotel Bluegreen South Mountain Resort, I think on purpose, overbooked and “walked” us here. I wouldn’t stay here on purpose if I had any other options.

This place is a dump, plain and simple. It’s very outdated, ripped couches, stains on the carpets. I didn’t get a picture because people were actually it, but the hot tub looked 25 years old.

We had Murphy Beds with horrible mattresses that made my back hurt even worse.

They didn’t even make our beds, they just pulled up the covers a bit.

We got a 2 for 1 breakfast voucher, but one breakfast was $22!!!!! Seriously?!?!?!?! What a crock of bull.

There’s not much good I can say about this place. Opening the door to our room was like walking back into the 80s.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank GregoriousTraveler
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Wow!
Thank you for visiting us. Wish we could somehow make things right for you.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

This was my second time at the Mt. Club at Loon. The first was many years ago and was very enjoyable. This time my room was very nice. A refrigerator would have been nice but I didn't ask for one, my fault. A free breakfast buffet was included as well as other meal credits. There was a nice assortment of breakfast items but the hot foods were hardly even warm. The service was very rushed. The dining room went from fairly full to almost empty in a matter of minutes. I had to retrieve a plate twice because I wasn't finished. I guess they were trying to squeeze in as any tips as possible. The waitresses must have come to my table at least 4 times. The one thing that I found really irritating about this place was that I had to authorize a $100 deposit to my credit card at check in just in case I purchased extras. I was assured that it would be removed immediately upon checkout. It wasn't. We'll see how long it actually takes. I left the check in desk wondering how many hidden fees there was going to be. It was " they don't trust me and I don't trust them". For this reason, I won't go back.

Date of stay: October 2018

Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club,
The credit card on file is very common in our industry today, you can feel comfortable about the process. The problem sometimes occurs when there is a debit card involved as there is a hold placed on your account. When you check out the hold is released but sometimes your bank can take a couple of days for the funds to be put back into your account. Sorry if you felt this way.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Our trip to the NH Highland Games had us staying at the Mountain Club at Loon. Our room was very comfortable and well appointed. We have traveled to a lot of different places. This place is one of the good ones, for sure. Our room was small, but we needed a place to relax and sleep, so it was perfect.

Wanda, who helped us with our last minute reservation and Edward, who checked us in and made sure everything was perfect, are two of the best we've ever been served by for a vacation getaway.

We hope to get to stay at the Mountain Club again very soon!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for visiting during The Highland Games and Festival. We are always honored to serve you and hope you come back for another visit soon.
The Mountain Club Hospitality Team

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

The Mountain Club On Loon was great, even smaller rooms were nicer than most other hotel rooms. Lots to do and beautiful property. Definitely recommended to anyone looking to experience some local mountains!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a positive review. Please let us know when we can serve you again.
Your Hospitality Team at The Mountain Club

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I'll start this by saying that this is the first review I have ever written and we have traveled extensively within the U.S. and to other countries.

The BAD:
The room was very small (room 952) w a queen bed and a six drawer dresser. Most hotels have at least a small fridge in the room to place a water or other cool drinks. We did not have one, that means you need to fill the ice bucket and to get that you will have to go up to the next floor.
To enter the room one must use the key card in an outer door and enter an entry way that allow access to a unit on the right or left. This means that each time for any person to enter they must get through two doors. Two doors banging closed each time. This is not a quiet process especially when the guests in the opposite room (4 guests) are attending a seminar and run in and out of the room often and then at night (late night) they arrive laughing and speaking loudly like they are the only ones staying in the hotel.

The Breakfast:
On checking in the desk clerk presented us with a coupon for breakfast for 2 for the cost of one guest. The clerk provides a wonderful speech about this breakfast as not to be missed. There are posters located in the hall lobbies promoting the breakfast event. Breakfast runs from 7 am - 10 am. We decided to partake in the breakfast and arrived at 9:15 after our first night. Right away what struck me was that there were tables wirh covered chaffing trays set up in the lobby prior to entering the dining room. At the Check-in podium we were greeted led to a table inside the bar area. A waitress arrived quickly and asked if we wanted coffee. We quickly realized that we didn't want to sit in this dark room with music and air conditioning blowing on us. We asked the waitress if we could be moved to the sunroom. She was miffed and showed it by scooping up the place settings she had just furnished. We were moved to the sunroom with great views of the property and the mountains. Our inside waitress followed us out to the sunroom and brought us coffee announcing that this was not her station. When our new waitress arrived she simply informed us that we were welcome to enjoy the breakfast buffet at any time. She also informed us that the buffet was set up in three different rooms, the lobby, the main restaurant and the bar area. The buffet wasn't even as good as a Comfort Suites we've used while traveling. The covered dishes did not have Sterno heaters under them but were heated with hot water baths placed under the main pan. Unfortunately no one was checking the temperature of the water and each of the foods we sampled we're not hot, not warm but cool. Very disappointed. At most major hotels when they push the fantastic breakfast at you they will have a egg station to prepare eggs how you would like them. Not here. Take it or leave it. The eggs in the pan we're big cold clumps. One woman standing in front of the table that had a display of cut and assorted fruit was very upset and vocal about the fruit being uncovered allowing the multiple flies to enjoy this smorgasbord. The staff person she told listened but did nothing. When we returned to our table walking from room to room we found that our coffee was cool. We never saw our waitress again until we had finished " not eating". Before we left my wife said she would really like to at least have a cup of tea. I left the table and found the waitress in the bar seating area and asked her if she could bring a cup of tea to our table. When she did she set the cup on the table and left, no questions asked. That's when my wife realized that the waitress hadn't brought any milk for the tea. I refused to give up, so I once again left the table to find a waitress to ask for some milk for the tea. Sure enough, it did arrive.
The Mountain Club hotel is located at the base of Loon Mountain. It's a beautiful setting in all four seasons so why wouldn't we want to take advantage of the view by sitting on the deck. When sitting on the deck the through the wall air conditioning for our room and the adjoining room are located right above your head. When running it is so loud that you can't hear one another until it cycles off.

The key cards. After leaving the hotel for dinner on our third day of our stay we returned to the room but couldn't gain entry. So we walked through two buildings to reach the lobby desk. The desk clerk re-keyed our cards and we returned to open the doors. Once again the keys would not work. Had to return to the lobby again. This time the desk clerk said he would send a maintenance person to assist. When the maintenance man arrived he asked to use our keys. They didn't work for him either. He then opened a laptop computer and used a code to open the locks. Once the locks opened then the keys operated.

Parking. Well if your lucky you might find a space outside the main lobby area. This parking is very limited, maybe 12 spaces. If filled then you have to enter the garage. Not a problem for us because we have a small car but guess what, most people don't drive small cars they are large SUV's and trucks. We watched several times as people tried to manuver into the spots. We watched one woman driving a Chevy Suburban try to fit into three different spots. She was a good driver trying her best with a very tight situation.

The good:
We love to ski Loon Mountain. Of course this visit was in the fall so there isn't any snow but we still love the mountains.

Restaurant review: The Common Man restaurant in Lincoln is a favorite. Good food, great service. Don't pass it up.

The Gypsy Cafe restaurant in Lincoln. Food choices from around the world and a great little bar.

The Woodstock Inn and Brewery. If you love a good brew try the Pigs Ear Brown Ale.

Date of stay: September 2018

Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club,
We are sorry for the ordeal you went through during your visit. Would you please contact me.