“Well Maintained Not a Great Value for the Price”
Review of The Summit Resort

The Summit Resort
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night during Laconia Bike week 2011. The grounds were beautiful and well-maintained. The unit was spotless, but the furnishings and fixtures were slightly dated. Location is excellent...just 3 minutes from Weirs Beach. We paid a hefty sum to stay ($200US) for one night. Understandably, demand did play a role in the price. However, for $200, we would have expected at least an in-room coffee setup. To get coffee, you had to walk 1/4 mile up the hill to the welcome center. For $200, in-room coffee should be provided. I have stayed at other 'time-share' places that at least have a starter pack of coffee.

If I was in a jam, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Reserve early!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynnieArlington_VT
Dcutillo, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Thank you for Staying with us here at The Summit. Unfortunately we do not serve or put coffee in the rooms. We do believe that we are a great value for the high demand time of year as the unit accommodates 6 people per unit and several rooms would need to be rented elsewhere to accommodate that many guests. You also receive full use of all Resort amenities including, indoor and outdoor pools, roman spa, racquetball, tennis, sauna, etc.. We hope that you do join us again soon so you can enjoy the resort and our amenities. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at robertrobillard@steelehillresorts.com or 603-524-2216.
Robert Robillard, General Manager

Reviewed 7 February 2011

This is our 2nd year staying at the Summit. It is about 15 minutes to Gunstock which is perfect skiing for our 7 and 9 year old children. It is also really close to Funspot which the kids love! The townhouses are nicely equipped with everything, minus things like salt, pepper, coffee filters, and tissues. The kitchen has everything you need to prepare all of your meals. The 2nd bedroom has twin beds, a small closet and a dresser. It is perfect for 2 children. The master bedroom had a queen bed that was okay on the comfort level. The living area is comfortable and has a pull out sofa. There are cushioned benches along the windows with nice views. The fireplace is electric and for display only, no heat. The television has front inputs which made it easy to bring the Wii. The kitchen area seats 6 comfortably and then next to that is a bar height counter leading to the kitchen area. The washer and dryer are nice to have in case you need them. The activity center is really nice and was only a 1 minute walk from building 3. It has a great atrium like pool with small slides, and waterfall. The roman bath was really nice as was the sauna. Racquetball was really fun with the kids. Be sure to bring white soled sneakers for the court. The gym is small but nicely stocked with everything you need for a solid workout. The only downsides are: 1) you can hear everything from other floors....we were on the top too, and 2) the heating system is kind of loud so if you are a light sleeper, it might wake you. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay both times and will go again. Between Gunstock, Funspot, and the activity center it was a fun packed time for the kids that was affordable. :)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pemBoston
Reviewed 17 July 2010

The Summit Resort is smaller than I anticipated. Do not confuse these condos for a “resort” feel. There is no restaurant on site. It consists of two small sections. Building 1 & 2 are located near the outdoor pool and small kiddie play area. Building 3 and 4 are closer to the amenities (indoor pool) area. Indoor pool is a quick walk from either area. Each building consists of 12 units. Our 2 bedroom units was comfortable and slightly larger than expected. Kitchen is stocked ok. They do not supply salt and pepper, tissues or coffee filters. All other soaps/paper products are supplied but are generic in Rubbermaid containers. Not sure what brand they were. There is a nice amount of furniture. The master bedroom is a king bed and has a nice big sitting chair in corner. The master bath is a bit bizarre. There is no shower in the master bath. There is a Jacuzzi tub. The second bedroom is on the smaller side with two twin beds. The second bath does have a small stall shower. If you have 4 adults who only shower it will be a pain. All the beds are very comfy. The unit was very clean upon arrival. Nice laundry in unit. There are many grills available. The indoor pool is very nice a kiddie side with small slide and bigger slide and side for older kids. Nice hot tub and changing areas. Workout room, racquetball etc. however, there is no lifeguard on duty. Parents tend to tune out and the kids can get a little crazy. The outdoor pool is mediocre. There is no lake access, most areas of the resort you cannot really see the lake. I would stay here again for a short stay or to ski. I was not crazy about the surrounding area so I would stay an extended amount of time
I had heard that you could hear noise from other units here. For that reason, I requested a top end unit. The first 4 days I did not hear a peep. I think that is because there were no occupants in the units below and to the side of us. Day 4 I saw people going into the unit below us. I could hear them opening the drawer in their bedroom. It seems like you can hear many little noises. Definitely request a top floor. If I can hear that, I can’t imagine what they can hear with me and my kids directly above them.
I thought that this resort would be a little closer to Weirs beach. You cannot walk to anything from here. Grocery stores are about 7 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank wbn36
Reviewed 8 February 2010

We live in NH and wanted to just get away for the weekend. The units were spacious, everything comfortable, and clean. Kids loved the pool. The town seemed to be closed for the winter. Went to Gunstock Mt which we loved. Great for kids! Skiing and tubing. Sat nights is only $30 and you can do both. Kellerhaus make your on Sundaes is open year round. Front desk staff very nice,WIFI at club house. great place for families with children.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank NHFamof4
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I can't stress enough that you should insist on a top floor or don't stay here. The floors between units are paper thin and people walking about and speaking in normal tones can be clearly heard. Add ski boots to the people walking over head and well, you should abandon all hope of sleeping in a little if they are hitting the slopes early! The units were well equipped (except for no hair dryer!) and I would stay here again, but ONLY if I can get a top floor. The pool/spa area was clean and in good shape. The pictures on their site are pretty accurate too.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SeaKit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
19.5 km away
3.5 km away
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#4 of 13 in Laconia

Been to The Summit Resort? Share your experiences!