All reviews common areas breakfast was delicious long weekend each morning a wonderful stay downtown area the main street new hampshire place to stay lisa lovingly restored cereal hosts
Reviewed 20 December 2016

This was day four of our Tour of all the New England States. We didn’t know anything about Keene and turned out to be quite a nice surprise. Our bed for the night was at Colony House Bed & Breakfast, which was amazing. The owner Joslyn was most welcoming and proudly gave us a guided tour. She even complimented me on my name, which she hadn't heard of before. Well it is unusual. I explained that it was Welsh and she told us that she was a bookworm, and that she had taken the pilgrimage to visit Dylan Thomas' boathouse in Laugharne, Wales, UK. Funnily enough we have been there too.

Our host provided a couple recommendations for dinning, so we went ahead and booked ‘The Stage’. What a great recommendation it was too. I had the Pork Medallions, which came with Gouda mash etc. and it was delicious. My wife Helen went for the aptly named 'Steak Morgan', which again was great and came with a rum sauce.

The next morning we were greeted by Lisa, who is Joslyn's niece. Apparently Lisa is to take full control of the business soon, and based on what we seen, Joslyn will have no worries. We had high hopes of breakfast and we certainly were not disappointed. As expected the breakfast was lovely. The artisan bread was great, and there was plenty of variety. This is exactly how a continental breakfast should be.

Prior to leaving, we had a discussion on American politics, and it is clearly evident that Joslin is a very sharp and well read lady. Lisa informed us that she also teaches dance, which explains why her posture is so good. Both ladies are very pleasant indeed and we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Colonyhouse104, Manager at Colony House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

One of our greatest pleasures is conversing with our international travelers and this was no exception. We loved your accounting of your brief time here with us and are pleased to have exceeded your expectations. Funny how people can connect continents apart with like experiences! We now have bicycles available for our guests and we are certain that you and Helen would enjoy riding the pathways which begin just outside our door. We hope you will return someday.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

We were very glad to stay at Colony House Bed & Breakfast. Very friendly, Very helpsome. Good breakfast. We wanted to hike in the area and the host phoned someone to get information, so that we would experience the best hiking routes.

Room Tip: The room was clean, cosy, quiet - and the bathroom very fine
Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colonyhouse104, Manager at Colony House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

It was such a pleasure having you stay with us and I'm pleased to hear your hikes gave you a nice "view" of our beautiful Monadnock Region. Always happy to help our guests make the most of their visits to the Keene area!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

I felt right at home at the Colony House during our week-long fall foliage visit. The B&B is within walking distance of nearly everything in the city of Keene, including its well maintained walking paths and several restaurants and shops. The hostesses prepared a delicious and hearty breakfast every morning that far surpassed my expectations of "continental" style from other trips I'd taken, with hard boiled eggs, meat, cheese, yogurt, cereal, fruit, and more. We had such a great time during our stay that I was sad to have to come home!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are thrilled you chose Keene and the Colony House as your "base" as you explored our beautiful state. I'm pleased to hear the breakfast fueled your day and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay; we hope to see you again if you find yourselves back in New England.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This meticulously restored historic home along with Joslin and Lisa's attention and care is the epitome of hospitality. Room was comfortable and well equipped. Bathroom was gleaming. Lisa asked for our breakfast preferences and then made delicious home-cooked breakfasts. This is now my home away from home when I come to Keene.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colonyhouse104, Manager at Colony House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

We so enjoyed having you here on your extended work related stay! It was a pleasure to treat you to our freshly prepared continental breakfast and am pleased to hear that you will be returning to your "home away from home."

Reviewed 15 October 2016

The renovated historic home is a delight, especially in the common areas. But the best is LISA who looked after us thoroughly even with a late arrival. The bedroom was tight fitting but very attractively furnished. Excellent shower.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was my pleasure to greet you and your wife as you arrived at the Colony House. Yes, the Hannah Taylor Room is our least roomy but high on charm and style so I'm pleased to hear that it was comfortable and cozy for your stay. I hope as you continued on to your annual northern vacation it was relaxing and filled with lots of puzzles and Scottish music!