All reviews common areas breakfast was delicious long weekend each morning a wonderful stay downtown area the main street new hampshire place to stay lisa lovingly restored cereal hosts
Reviewed 29 October 2016

I felt right at home at the Colony House during our week-long fall foliage visit. The B&B is within walking distance of nearly everything in the city of Keene, including its well maintained walking paths and several restaurants and shops. The hostesses prepared a delicious and hearty breakfast every morning that far surpassed my expectations of "continental" style from other trips I'd taken, with hard boiled eggs, meat, cheese, yogurt, cereal, fruit, and more. We had such a great time during our stay that I was sad to have to come home!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colonyhouse104, Manager at Colony House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

We are thrilled you chose Keene and the Colony House as your "base" as you explored our beautiful state. I'm pleased to hear the breakfast fueled your day and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay; we hope to see you again if you find yourselves back in New England.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This meticulously restored historic home along with Joslin and Lisa's attention and care is the epitome of hospitality. Room was comfortable and well equipped. Bathroom was gleaming. Lisa asked for our breakfast preferences and then made delicious home-cooked breakfasts. This is now my home away from home when I come to Keene.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colonyhouse104, Manager at Colony House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

We so enjoyed having you here on your extended work related stay! It was a pleasure to treat you to our freshly prepared continental breakfast and am pleased to hear that you will be returning to your "home away from home."

Reviewed 15 October 2016

The renovated historic home is a delight, especially in the common areas. But the best is LISA who looked after us thoroughly even with a late arrival. The bedroom was tight fitting but very attractively furnished. Excellent shower.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was my pleasure to greet you and your wife as you arrived at the Colony House. Yes, the Hannah Taylor Room is our least roomy but high on charm and style so I'm pleased to hear that it was comfortable and cozy for your stay. I hope as you continued on to your annual northern vacation it was relaxing and filled with lots of puzzles and Scottish music!

Reviewed 14 October 2016

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed staying at Colony House this Fall. Joslin and Lisa were wonderful hosts, making sure each guest felt special. It was nice to chat with another couple at breakfast, too. Our room was perfect, as were the lower rooms. Having access to the cozy living room, dining room, and stocked pantry was terrific and much appreciated. We wanted for nothing :)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colonyhouse104, Manager at Colony House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us...we enjoyed meeting you both and look forward to having you back here with us for your future visits to Keene!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

We wanted a comfortable place to break up a trip and the Colony House was beyond my hopes. Best of all, heavenly linens, divine bed. Quiet and wonderfully decorated room and spacious bath. We got the rest we wanted and the boost of being in such an attractive house and in such an interesting town (save for next trip), Breakfast was relaxed and delicious. I strongly recommend this B&B and hope we will be back there soon. Terrific place.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 14 October 2016

Thank you Holly for your kind words. We enjoyed having you here with us and look forward to your next trip to better discover our wonderful Monadnock Region.