“What a stay !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at Ellis River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Inn at Ellis River
Ranked #1 of 13 Jackson B&B and Inns
Northampton, Massachusetts, United States
“What a stay !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Frank and Lyn welcomed our family to their quality Inn with graciousness. This was our first stay at an Inn and it has permanently changed the way we will plan our future vacations. Where to start ………. Every room has something to offer. It was so nice to relax and attempt to play Scrabble in the game room – my son ditched me for the oh-so-cool pool table. I am very particular when it comes to mixed drinks and Frank did not let me down …… my Margarita had been fantastic. After we got the boys in bed, we sat on the outer deck to our room and took in the stars while listening to the river. We stayed in the Basin Room and our boys had the connecting room upstairs.
All of the breakfast breads and scones (oh my!) were warm, fresh and delicious. We all agreed we had eaten the best bacon ever (a must try - this is vacation, right?). Upon hearing we were to be hiking the local waterfalls, Christie offered a map with all of the falls starred on it to take with us. We got the Eco Package, which included a lunch bag. We hiked the 20 minutes to Diana’s Bath and ate before enjoying the falls. The bread was so thick and tasty. Our son tried bargaining Dad for his cookie. He knew there would be cookies waiting at the Inn from their late afternoon snack layout, but he didn’t really want to wait. After we got back, we took a dip in the spa. It was so nice to just sit back, close the eyes and relax. I almost didn’t want to go to dinner. Lyn had made our dinner reservations, which was a nice and new experience.
There are so many little touches throughout the Inn that made our stay so special, such as the daily chocolates and bottles of water and random quaint puzzles on tables in the game room just waiting to be finished. My favorite was the shower in our room. There were water jets that could be aimed at the body, four I believe, in addition to the very wide shower head above.
Lyn and Frank offered nice conversation, were warm and friendly and gave us an experience to remember. It was hard to leave. Our next stop was an indoor water park/resort in VT and it couldn’t compare to our stay at Inn at Ellis River. If pampering and relaxation is what you’re looking for, this is it. Lyn and Frank were warm and friendly, offered nice conversation and gave us an experience to remember. We look forward to our next visit.
Catherine Meunier, Northampton, MA

Room Tip: The Basin Room's shower with wall jets is a lovely experience.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Nottingham, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Wonderful place for time away from the kiddos! Lynn & Frank spoiled us!! Lots of great food and very friendly staff. Very clean and comfortable Inn. I felt like I was staying at a friend's home! Complimentry upgrades, Everyone was very accomidating! They packed us a wonderful picnic for our hike, and goodies for the drive home! Enjoyed massages and dinner nearby. Cannot say enough good things. On the pricey side so be prepared.

Room Tip: Our room was little warm the first night even with the windows open. I suggest a room with a balcon...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
InnAtEllisRiver, Owner at Inn at Ellis River, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
We are delighted you enjoyed your romantic getaway and the dinner and massages included in our Spring for Romance package. We agree that the balcony rooms are favorites when the days are very warm and nights are still cold. We’re sorry our unseasonable April weather didn’t allow your room to be as cool as you would have liked ~ it is a challenge to know whether to use our heating system or the air conditioning when the temperatures range so widely each day. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay so we can try our best to spoil you again!
Leominster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Ellis River year after year. Always returning because we knew the service and was outstanding. We had stayed in I think almost every room there.
In 2008 my husband and I decided to have our wedding vows renewed and we did it at the Inn. I can't stress enough how nice they made it for us. They provided flowers, Cake and a lovely atmosphere. Everything was perfect. I am eternally grateful to them because I have these wonderful memories to cherish forever. I lost my husband to cancer in 2009.
I highly recommend the Inn to any couple that is looking for a place to stay that will make them feel comfortable and at home. And treated wonderfully. I also must say their breakfasts are the best and the cookies in the afternoon shouldn't be missed.
Thank you for all the wonderful years and memories.

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are on the back with the balconies. With sliders open at night you can hear the wa...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buel1950
InnAtEllisRiver, Owner at Inn at Ellis River, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you so much for such a special tribute. We were privileged to be part of those special times and we are so grateful the memories are ones you continue to cherish.
Hudson, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I cannot stress enough how fantastic the Inn at Ellis River is! I first visited the Inn in October of 2009 with my then boyfriend. We loved the Inn so much that we decided to elope there on January 1, 2010. The staff were fantastic and did everything to make our big day special! Everything was just perfect! We then returned for our one-year anniversary a year later and had a great time! It was great because we saw a lot of the same people we had seen the year we got married and it was fun catching up with everyone. I was glad to see that the Inn at Ellis River had meant so much to so many other couples as well! We couldn't return for our two year anniversary because I had just had a baby but we're heading up there next month for an impromptu getaway and I can't wait!

We had found the Inn at Ellis River on a whim while surfing the internet but it was certainly one of the bests finds out there. I would recommend the Inn at Ellis River to all of my friends and family and anyone who wants exceptional service and a memorable getaway. (or romantic wedding!!!)

Room Tip: I'd love to tell you which room we always stay in but I don't want people booking the room w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for all your kind comments. We love to help our guests create the kinds of special experiences they wish, and we’re delighted that your elopement was all you hoped it would be. We can’t wait to see you when you come back this month for a post-natal babymoon - with pictures of course! New parents deserve romantic getaways, too! PS - We’ll keep your favorite room a secret.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

After years of not being able to make it back to Ellis river inn, they greeted us like old friends. Every wish was granted, and I came home with a bag of homemade granola as well. It was a relaxing, romantic, and rejuvenating mini break from our hectic lives. Thank you so much!

• Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
0.8 km away
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,287 reviews

Been to Inn at Ellis River? Share your experiences!