Inn at Ellis River
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Wentworth(Jackson)
New England Inn(Intervale)
View Hotel
All reviewsmary and johnfalls roomsparkling cascadethe pearlcookiesb bbridal veil fallsmy husband and icookie tourhot tubpool tablenew englandwhite mountainsbreakfast was deliciousowners and staffeach morningget away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Wonderful place for time away from the kiddos! Lynn & Frank spoiled us!! Lots of great food and very friendly staff. Very clean and comfortable Inn. I felt like I was staying at a friend's home! Complimentry upgrades, Everyone was very accomidating! They packed us a wonderful picnic for our hike, and goodies for the drive home! Enjoyed massages and dinner nearby. Cannot say enough good things. On the pricey side so be prepared.

Room Tip: Our room was little warm the first night even with the windows open. I suggest a room with a balcony. "Rippley Falls" room was affordable and seemed larger than some of the others.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
InnAtEllisRiver, Owner at Inn at Ellis River, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

We are delighted you enjoyed your romantic getaway and the dinner and massages included in our Spring for Romance package. We agree that the balcony rooms are favorites when the days are very warm and nights are still cold. We’re sorry our unseasonable April weather didn’t allow your room to be as cool as you would have liked ~ it is a challenge to know whether to use our heating system or the air conditioning when the temperatures range so widely each day. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay so we can try our best to spoil you again!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Ellis River year after year. Always returning because we knew the service and was outstanding. We had stayed in I think almost every room there.
In 2008 my husband and I decided to have our wedding vows renewed and we did it at the Inn. I can't stress enough how nice they made it for us. They provided flowers, Cake and a lovely atmosphere. Everything was perfect. I am eternally grateful to them because I have these wonderful memories to cherish forever. I lost my husband to cancer in 2009.
I highly recommend the Inn to any couple that is looking for a place to stay that will make them feel comfortable and at home. And treated wonderfully. I also must say their breakfasts are the best and the cookies in the afternoon shouldn't be missed.
Thank you for all the wonderful years and memories.

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are on the back with the balconies. With sliders open at night you can hear the water from the river. Very relaxing.....
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buel1950
InnAtEllisRiver, Owner at Inn at Ellis River, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you so much for such a special tribute. We were privileged to be part of those special times and we are so grateful the memories are ones you continue to cherish.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I cannot stress enough how fantastic the Inn at Ellis River is! I first visited the Inn in October of 2009 with my then boyfriend. We loved the Inn so much that we decided to elope there on January 1, 2010. The staff were fantastic and did everything to make our big day special! Everything was just perfect! We then returned for our one-year anniversary a year later and had a great time! It was great because we saw a lot of the same people we had seen the year we got married and it was fun catching up with everyone. I was glad to see that the Inn at Ellis River had meant so much to so many other couples as well! We couldn't return for our two year anniversary because I had just had a baby but we're heading up there next month for an impromptu getaway and I can't wait!

We had found the Inn at Ellis River on a whim while surfing the internet but it was certainly one of the bests finds out there. I would recommend the Inn at Ellis River to all of my friends and family and anyone who wants exceptional service and a memorable getaway. (or romantic wedding!!!)

Room Tip: I'd love to tell you which room we always stay in but I don't want people booking the room we book every time we go so you'll just have to pick a room and find one you love :) They're all pretty great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for all your kind comments. We love to help our guests create the kinds of special experiences they wish, and we’re delighted that your elopement was all you hoped it would be. We can’t wait to see you when you come back this month for a post-natal babymoon - with pictures of course! New parents deserve romantic getaways, too! PS - We’ll keep your favorite room a secret.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

After years of not being able to make it back to Ellis river inn, they greeted us like old friends. Every wish was granted, and I came home with a bag of homemade granola as well. It was a relaxing, romantic, and rejuvenating mini break from our hectic lives. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed recently at the Inn while doing some skiing in the region. We are return visitors, finding the Inn a nice compromise between a full service establishment and a small B&B. The owners are convivial without being in your face (which in some B&Bs can be annoying if you really want to be on your own).
Quiet, comfortable lodgings are the order of the day. Convenient to the hubbub of North Conway of that's your thing. More convenient to Mount Washington attractions. Breakfasts are excellent. The establishment is over ten years old at this point and may require some upgrades in the long term, but is still in very good shape.

• Stayed: March 2012