“Consistently Great!!”

Jackson Ski Touring Foundation
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Jackson
More attraction details
Owner description: Cross-country ski area on scenic grounds.
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We went to Jackson the week of Saint Patrick's day. I've read the poor reviews and I totally disagree. This trip was our 7th visit to Jackson. As always the Foundation's staff are friendly and helpful with trail advice and in the waxing room. The trails were well groomed and we skied the length of the Ellis river trail. I wonder about the comments I always assume that the river is not frozen so I bring my own food. No one mentioned the short repair that turned that section blue with a tricky hairpin turn.

The Wentworth Hotel was very good but I was used to excellent dining and was disappointed. The food seemed microwaved. The Cider Mill is now my go to restaurant. There is also a good pizza oven in the Hotel in Town.

I'm going back.

PS You could also try Bretton Woods when the wind chill is a problem. Get your ticket and go back to the main road. Before you get to the AMC lodge there is a pull off on the right. It's the Eisenhower parking. You start in the woods on a blue trail and can ski to the Yurt always staying in the wood and out of the wind.

1  Thank EdLangrall
in 11 reviews
"instructor"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2015

This is a wonderful resource for XC skiers. However, if you are new to the area or to the sport, make sure you get well oriented, they do not do this very well if you don't know to ask. For example, make sure you check the board in the lodge to find out if the trails you are heading for have been recently groomed. Also, be warned that the 'green' beginner trails can be quite difficult, especially if they have not been recently groomed. Also, read the detailed trail description on the BACK of the trail map to make sure the trail is really what you are able to handle. Because not all 'green' trails are equal.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Our family (kids ages 10 & 8) decided to try skiing for the first time and showed up at the ticket house with no reservations. The staff was amazing and before we knew it we had been outfitted in rentals and were meeting our instructor for lessons. The instruction was great, and we spent a couple of hours exploring some of the easier trails after our lesson was done. I have nothing to compare it to, but the grooming and trails seemed fantastic and the price couldn't be beat for a great day outdoors. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 16 March 2015

We stayed in town for two nights on a whim and decided to take a skiing lesson for the heck of it. The staff in the ticketing/rental center were very helpful and excited for us to try the sport. Our instructor, Sally, was great and made it an enjoyable afternoon. We'll definitely be back to the area again, and we are looking forward to getting out on the trail and also trying snowshoeing.