“Great Chinese or Sushi, all in one!”
Review of The Orient

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 21 April 2016

The Orient has some of the best sushi ever! I love the Orange Roll, spicy salmon inside, topped with fresh salmon outside. For Chinese the Steamed Salmon with Spicy Black Bean Sauce is fantastic! There's so much food that my husband and I can share this meal.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

Food was quick and service was good. Don't know if they had anything to drink besides water, since the waiter never asked. Ordered the amazing chicken, it sadly wasnt amazing. It was tasty and surprisingly spicy but nothing to rave about.

2  Thank Nate M
Reviewed 4 November 2015

We've had delivery twice because its 1 of 4 (that we know of) restaurants that will deliver to our house. The food is pretty good, not spectacular. Prices seem pretty expensive to me for Chinese delivery but that seems to be the norm in this area.

2  Thank AmericanMama3
Reviewed 27 October 2015

The restaurant's location is conveniently located in downtown Hanover. The menu selection is average or slightly above average in comparison with the Chinese restaurants in the U.S.

If you really appreciate authentic Chinese food, you can ask the waiter or waitress to give you some suggestions.

The quantity of each dinner dish is smaller than what you may expect from a typical Chinese restaurant. That is the reason why I did not give it a better than average rating.

1  Thank CYC918
Reviewed 20 August 2015

My son and I stopped here while on a college visit. I loved the egg drop soup, which had more interesting developed flavors than the usual fare, and included a few pieces of chopped tomato. My son said the wonton soup was similarly more interesting and flavorful than what we ususally have in NJ. He enjoyed his triple delight Chinese dish, and I had the sushi lunch, which was fresh and very filling. I especially loved the spicy salmon!!! The wait staff was a little on the curt side, but very efficient and no complaints on that. Great lunch!!

Been to The Orient? Share your experiences!