“Expensive but Decent”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 4 November 2015

We've had delivery twice because its 1 of 4 (that we know of) restaurants that will deliver to our house. The food is pretty good, not spectacular. Prices seem pretty expensive to me for Chinese delivery but that seems to be the norm in this area.

2  Thank AmericanMama3

Reviewed 27 October 2015

The restaurant's location is conveniently located in downtown Hanover. The menu selection is average or slightly above average in comparison with the Chinese restaurants in the U.S.

If you really appreciate authentic Chinese food, you can ask the waiter or waitress to give you some suggestions.

The quantity of each dinner dish is smaller than what you may expect from a typical Chinese restaurant. That is the reason why I did not give it a better than average rating.

1  Thank CYC918
Reviewed 20 August 2015

My son and I stopped here while on a college visit. I loved the egg drop soup, which had more interesting developed flavors than the usual fare, and included a few pieces of chopped tomato. My son said the wonton soup was similarly more interesting and flavorful than what we ususally have in NJ. He enjoyed his triple delight Chinese dish, and I had the sushi lunch, which was fresh and very filling. I especially loved the spicy salmon!!! The wait staff was a little on the curt side, but very efficient and no complaints on that. Great lunch!!

Reviewed 15 August 2015

My husband and I ordered dumpling starters which were just ok and cold sesame noodles which were poor. Noodles were not Asian quality and the sauce was bland and liquidy. Our beef and fish dishes were tasty but my husband was up all night with bad heart burn. Service was prompt but odd. No one offered to follow up with questions re our satisfaction and other staff members paraded back and forth throughout the room in robotic fashion. Not one of our better Chinese dinners.

1  Thank caksav
Reviewed 4 June 2015

If you are looking for a reliable good meal that offers good value, The Orient meets your needs. The food is what you expect to find in your typical chinese restaurant with most dishes being fair to very good. Service is efficient and friendly. And, another plus is that it is always a very clean and comfortable setting.

We frequent this restaurant about every other month or so, be it lunch, dinner, or our annual group visit on Christmas Eve.You can count on a dependable meal there. Be aware, that some of their dishes tend to be a bit on the spicier side (great for me, not so great for my wife!).

Favorites include the curried chicken and many of the shrimp dishes are excellent.

1  Thank Jeff S

Been to The Orient? Share your experiences!