All reviews beautiful room attending a concert great view of the ocean double bed priscilla stove boardwalk toaster refrigerator
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I stayed here while at the shut down at Seabrook. Like everyone else said, "what a dump." There are exposed wires out back that trips breakers when it rains. The room was very stale and dirty. Too top it off they have yet to return my "deposit". They charged me an extra week for deposit and told me it was sent back to me. I have yet to see it. Stay away......

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank MaineWireman
Reviewed 24 June 2009

Manager was awesome and did her best for us. Lots of reinivations being made and we had a new room with view . We knew that there would be issues when we were first ones in the new remodeled room. Not enough washcloths so mainitance man went to walmart and got more cause you could not find anything in the storage closet with all the work being done. We went out for awhile and came back to a card from the owner made out to my husband who is starting chemo shortly and cathy knew we were getting away before this starts. Also had a nice welcome package from starbucks waiting for us. They need to get rid of the housekeeper who told me she used to be the manager.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank vtwildcat
BreakersByTheSea, Guest Relations Manager at Breakers by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2010

Thanks for the kind words. When the new owners took over the motel, they knew they were taking on a large project. Not only was there physical renovations that needed to be done, but the reputation of Breakers had been in decline for several years. In our first year, we have made significant improvements in both the quality of the rooms, and in the personnel that help run the motel. We certainly appreciate the good feedback in our ongoing restoration effort.

Reviewed 17 December 2008

Stay Away!

This motel was one we were forced to stay at during the ice storm, there were no local vacancies at other Inns. The motel photo on the website is at least 2 decades old. The place is falling apart, insufficient in all areas. Holy linens, cigarette ends and a beer cap under the bed, a stained mattress, falling apart structuraly inside and out. There is nobody in the office more than 6 hours per day and the office woman is trashy in appearance, smoking and has dirty ashtrays outside the office door. Inadequet parking to say the least. Old worn linens and our room smelled of mold, our bare feet were black from the dirty rug. This dump needs to be health inspected and shut down ASAP as it violates a book load of health and safety codes. Don't waste your money, drive BY it.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevehcali
Reviewed 29 September 2008

My friend rented this room for her birthday for 6 of us to go down. She booked it online, and by looking at the pictures it looks cozy and comfortable. After we got there and walked down to our room we realized that it might not be as good as they made it look. There were spiders everywhere outside. The room had a horrible stench that I can not even describe. There was not even a phone in the room, or a Bible in the drawer of the nightstand. I thought that was like common law for places you stay! The window was cracked so we could not even open it to try and get some fresh air. The air conditioner had dryer sheets stuffed into it, and smelled like musty mold. There were crumbs in the dresser drawers, pubic hairs everywhere, and dirt and other unidentified mysteries in the sheets. I wore my socks the entire time i was there, because the floor was so filthy. They were black after one night of staying at this dump. There were also stains on everything. The walls, the windows, the doors, the mattress covers, the sheets, comforters and just about every other place you could imagine. There was dust everywhere, the smell of mold, and dryersheets tucked in everything to make the room appear to smell clean. Rotting oranges on top of the cabinets and dust for miles. I would not stay in this place again if you paid me too.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank LFitzG
Reviewed 1 September 2008

My name is john I stayed at breakers by the sea I found the front staff very freindly and the room although not new it was acceptable I love the beach and enjoy coming to hampton

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family